Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 02:10 PM

7 posts, read 34,126 times

Advertisements

does anyone know of anything to rent in Grafton my husband and I and my child are coming there until October for a job and need a place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemused_heart View Post
I just bought a home in Zeeland. I know the seeler has more homes up there. Here are two links to two of them:

Cant beat the prices or the property taxes....
I am looking at a home in Zeeland also and was wondering what the people are like? I am from the twin cities and am sick of the crime and the "friendly" people there. Being at 60, we are wanting peace and quiet for the remainder of our lives. Do you still have those links? I don't see them.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,406 times
Happiness is achieving one's expectations....whatever they may be. If catching awesome sunsets over waving fileds of grain do it for you then ND is your place. I visited Park River for their 08 and 09 4th of July celebrations. What an awesome town, Grafton too! These folks bent over backwards for me and could not do enough for me. "scratching each other's backs" goes a long way towards fitting in. offer your services first and don't expect anyting in return. you may be surprised what you do get in return. I went back to PR about two weeks after the holiday to look at real estate both residential and commercial. The town's people were excited as heck that I was thinking of opening a steakhouse in their town. Attitudes are contagious-good and bad. "Do unto others..."

Old 11-07-2009, 08:30 PM

3 posts, read 7,236 times
I am an Air Force Wife. We have been in ND for one week. We stayed in Bismark for 3 days before completing our travels to Minot, about one hour north. We were there for halloween and knew nothing about the community. We took our two young children into WalMart and asked the cashier where to take them trick-or-treating. Before I knew it, there was a whole line of people offering information. They all agreed on one house that was awesome (and it was) and agreed that all the housing communities were safe. The people there trusted everyone around them. They would ask eachother for help and hold a polite conversation with anyone willing to open their mouth. We stayed at Candlewood. It was like a mini time share. We had our own kitchen, the laundry facilities were free, the internet was free.... there was a gym, nice pool... it was like being at home accept I had a housekeeper! Bismark had everything in a centered, conveniant location. We left Bismark and drove 1 hour and 5 minutes to Minot. We ate breakfast at Perkins and the people next to us didn't even ask our names but was eager to welcome us to Minot. Our kids were dressed in sleeprs because we drove in from Las Vegas... not much for cold weather gear in the desert. Anyway, they could tell we were new and once again, everyone around us just started talking to us as if we had been there forever. My family is also mixed (mexican and white) and they didn't care. Before we left, I swear I would be able to tell you the names of all the children who were not even present and all the pets of everyone who talked to us. As you drive through Minot, there are signs up at several locations that say now hiring. There are about 19 apartments and 14 houses currently in the Minot Daily News Paper, advertising availability. Houses are both for sale and rent. 89-195k. The town has one main street, which takes about 10 minutes to drive, which has everything centralized around this street. If you need anything, it's not hard to find. It is a big hunting community, but other than being asked if we would like to join them (one), no one pushes it. No one has mentioned religion at all, and I have not heard of any crime in ND since we've gotten here. There was a couple medical emergencies, but other than that, everything has been quiet. One of the people we've talked to said, "There is only one explanation for Minot... we don't have rape, murder, burglaries, or theft, but everyone has a riffle in the back of the truck."... meaning for hunting. Its a nice change of pase compared to living in Las Vegas. I don't have to worry about where or when I'm walking my dogs or which park I take my kids to. My husband calls the state North DaCOLDa, but he is from Texas and moved to Vegas... the first time he's been in snow was in Utah... on our way up here, but even he is starting to like it. There is a lot to do if you are open minded and will be even more once the snow falls. Canada is about an hour away with even more do to. There is the obvious fishing and hunting, but it's not far to go camping for a weekend, bowling, skating, shopping... once winter hits, there will be a lot of snowmobiles, skiting, sleading, and other winter recreation. It might get cold, but I feel my children and I will be safe whether my husband is home or in Iraq... this isn't a feeling you can find in many places today.... and I can have a REAL CHRISTMAS TREE this year! It is definately worth checking out... plus, I've heard and noticed, people live a lot longer up here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota