U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-30-2009, 07:14 PM

375 posts, read 762,441 times
Come Spring I'll be moving up to New Town.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 09:19 PM

1 posts, read 489 times
My husband has a potential job offer with BNSF railroad and we will move to Berthold, ND. Does anyone know if housing is available and if it is a good place to build a life there?

Old 11-06-2011, 06:29 AM

249 posts, read 387,954 times
eisner08 - get the legal stuff done with your ex FIRST... (I am not an Attorney and this is not legal advice, just a few things to consider ) Does your divorce settlement state that you can't take the children out of a certain region, i.e. County or State? My divorce mediation settlement (wherein we both agreed to it) states she cannot move my son outside of the County where we live (She imposed that on her ex, so I imposed that on her).... Otherwise, it's a violation of the court Order.

secondly, if you have can establish a home and have employment there the Judge MAY agree to the move.. it's ALL up to the Judge... One thing in your favor... the vast majority of the companies require pre-employment background and drug tests for ALL of their employees... more so than any other place I've seen... that works in your favor

Old 11-06-2011, 07:31 AM

3,653 posts, read 5,222,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wygirl59 View Post
My husband has a potential job offer with BNSF railroad and we will move to Berthold, ND. Does anyone know if housing is available and if it is a good place to build a life there?
My wife is from Minot and has family in the Minot area currently. Her brother used to live in Carpio which is north of Berthold and kids used to go to Berthold school. There are several towns west and northwest of Minot....but they are quite small....housing even in the best of times in very small towns can be tough. But to be honest I dont know about the specific housing situation in Berthold.

Now Minot and the entire Souris (Mouse) river basin had a terrible flood this past late Spring/early Summer and before the flood housing in Minot was tight due to increase in air base personnel and people living there who could not find housing in the Williston area. Since the flood and the lost of several thousand homes, housing costs have gone up rapidly and supply is way less than demand.

What I am saying is now may not be the best time to move to the Minot area until the housing situation is a bit better, but with growth from the oil industry spreading into Minot the next few years, expect very tight and expensive housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota