U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-29-2008, 11:08 AM

1,016 posts, read 1,964,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
North Dakota has always been a coal state. I think some people get defensive when you suggest that a greater amount of investing in renewables such as wind energy needs to be done. With the KWH rates being so cheap in most areas of ND many become complacent and disinterested in investing in alternatives compared with other states where the KWH rates are much higher like in CA.
However, coal states like WY, ND, MT tend to export electricity to those states that have more stringent regulations such as California. So it ends up being a complicated situation.
I think it was more the insinuation that North Dakota wasn't investing in windpower at all was more the cause for folks getting riled up.

Old 06-15-2008, 08:48 PM

36 posts, read 50,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelspa View Post
I've lived in North Dakota, about 75 SW of Fargo, going on 31 yrs now. Lived here almost my whole life.
I live a in a smaller town of about 2500 people. This is a nice town, great place to raise kids, people are so friendly, and I own a tanning salon and fitness center, I deal with people all day.

Weather? SUX! I'm so tired of the wind, the rain, the snow, the cold, the bugs...oh so many bugs here! Flies, mosquitos, ticks, water beetles, etc...

Have we really had a descent day this summer for weather? I remember one so far this year, otherwise it's been really crappy

I do agree with the people in Fargo, there driving is awful and there attitudes are awful...

If you have'nt guess it already, My family and I have decided to move...
Finally!
I totally agree with you about the weather.....it's horrible here...
June has been cold, windy and rainy....
just today it was only 55 degrees and the first day of summer
is right around the corner.....
I think we've had only about 2 days of decent weather...
people always say there is a lot of stuff to do here..
but how can u do anthing if the weather is always crappy??
My family and I are moving to AZ in less then 2 weeks
and we cannot wait......we know it will be sunny there all year round.....

Old 06-15-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyToo View Post
I have some thoughts on this matter. I think if you don't like North Dakota, its best for North Dakotans that you leave. North Dakota is different, not doubt about it, but that's why we like it. Either you like it and embrace it, or you B**ch and moan. Well, we all know that moaning does no good at all. So, Alas! next choice is to leave. Leave North Dakota to the people that love it and embrace it, even for its idiosyncrasy's. Amen!

I totally agree with you......
that's why my family and I are leaving ND and moving down to AZ......

Old 06-16-2008, 12:19 AM

1,046 posts, read 2,041,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyu View Post
I totally agree with you......
that's why my family and I are leaving ND and moving down to AZ......
We did the same thing 2 years ago. Its always sunny here. Today was great. It was only 110. Actually it felt really good. I drove 20 miles today to go watch a game with some friends and I switched between driving with the A/C on low or off. Good luck with the move.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
We did the same thing 2 years ago. Its always sunny here. Today was great. It was only 110. Actually it felt really good. I drove 20 miles today to go watch a game with some friends and I switched between driving with the A/C on low or off. Good luck with the move.
Thanks, we are looking forward to it......
It will be a nice change to the weather we've been
having around here.....cold, windy and rainy........

Old 08-04-2008, 05:06 PM

5 posts, read 13,340 times
I was born in ND and have now returned and wouldn't trade it for anything. I lived 150 miles north of Murderapolis(minneapolis/st.paul) for 35 years and still had to lock your doors at night. There wasn't anything for jobs in that area and no industry. As a matter of fact the drugs were slowly taking over that area as well. I had a neighbor who told a story of smoking pot one night and decided to run a 4 way corner road the next day. HE DID IT. And hit another car-luckily no one was seriously hurt. The violence was slowly creaping all over the state.
Where i'm at now its the good old standard to leave your door unlocked in case anyone is in need of a phone for help. Your stranger on the street still says Hello and if your in need of help-all you have to do is ask.anyone.
So would I trade North Dakota---NO!

Old 08-05-2008, 08:08 PM

33 posts, read 91,483 times
it's really amusing to read these replies of its so cold, windy, rainy, blah blah blah-I agree with the other North Dakota people if you are so unhappy, you are probably the one walking around with a sour look on your face! To think that you are going to move to the land of Oz is a laugh! do you think there exsists a place with no bugs, rain only when it is conveinent for you, and wind that only blows with the direction of your hair-get real. If you are not happy only because of these things, you will not be happy anywhere!!!

Old 08-06-2008, 08:51 PM

4 posts, read 9,988 times
Smile fargo

I live in Fargo right now and I Hate It with a purple passion. I have lived in this town since 1987 and i am soon leaving this Hole. You are all right every body here is mean and nasty. My daughter that lives in MN has learned to mean just like all the people in Fargo. So what ever you do don't move here. People stick their noises into every body elses busniess. I said enough. God Bless you where ever you move. Sef

Old 08-09-2008, 12:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,611 times
Default Gone, gone, gone

I left ND in 1992 and have never regretted it. There's nothing to do there. People are either very nice (stopping for cars in the winter, etc.) or rather nasty. It's nice to live some place with people on the continuum of etiquette. All there was to do in ND was drink and drink they certainly did.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:23 PM

50 posts, read 119,228 times
Default Still here... but

I SO want to move back to California....

I'm so miserable here. I feel like a fish out of water. Being born and raised in So. Calif. I'm wondering if we just don't fit in. My daughter is having a terrible time fitting in. (We've been here almost two years.)

Plus, I miss my friends and family. As it turns out, no one ever comes here to visit and I would have to sell off a body part to be able to afford to fly myself and 4 kids back to Calif. for a visit.

I do have a good job here, and that is the main reason we haven't left yet. I'm worried about the job market in Calif.

ND is very beautiful (even though the winters are so harsh - lol), but it is very, very different from CA. I couldn't wait to get out of CA, but now that I am here, I really appreciate all that CA is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota