Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 01:24 PM

59 posts, read 234,119 times

Advertisements

we are planning on moving in the summer we have a travel trailer we can live in until we can find housing is there many rv parks in dickinson or williston?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 07:56 PM

979 posts, read 3,668,428 times
This link is nearly 2 years old, but the RV parks are still there (for Williston) ... The 2 in town parks fill up pretty fast during the spring, summer and fall (due to the oil boom taking place) The 2 would be the Buffalo Trails and the other is the Prairie Acres...both within a couple minutes of town. The other 2 are about 18 miles EAST of Williston along Lake Sakakawea (by the way, the lake is once again full)... another one to consider would be Blacktail Dam (about 18 miles north of Williston) here is the link for 4 of them.
The 2 local parks are not "pretty"...but considering what is going on in Williston...you can't be too fussy...but they are safe and kept up as best as the owners can. (noticed many campers are still using over Christmas...must be pretty well insulated campers)

RV Park Reviews :: Williston, North Dakota ( ND ) - RV Parks and Campground Reviews

Last edited by Roloff1976; 12-29-2009 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: add

Old 12-29-2009, 08:29 PM

59 posts, read 234,119 times
thank you for the info

Old 01-23-2010, 02:54 PM

115 posts, read 273,970 times
North Park Campground
That is an year round rv park in Dickinson, hope it helps!

Old 05-01-2012, 10:33 AM

1 posts, read 4,010 times
What's the average cost per nite/month for the RV parks and are the utilities included?

Old 05-01-2012, 05:40 PM

231 posts, read 872,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppiepc View Post
North Park Campground
That is an year round rv park in Dickinson, hope it helps!
I know the owners of this place. They require a newer camper and they limit the number of people per RV. They are quick to remove the riff-raff so they don't ruin it for the rest of their residents.

They are currently using a waiting list to accept new residents.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:13 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra dweller View Post
I know the owners of this place. They require a newer camper and they limit the number of people per RV. They are quick to remove the riff-raff so they don't ruin it for the rest of their residents.

I know exactly how that goes. With most RV parks there is a "Year" requirement on rv's. Nothing older than xxxx. But it was a general rule and what it did was keep the nasty, broke down, barely able to pull rv's from moving in. This was more for the idea if they skipped, they wouldn't leave it behind. I had an older rig, but it was spotless and really looked sharp. Once they looked at it, they'd ok it. But I certainly understand where they were coming from.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:41 PM

10 posts, read 24,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra dweller View Post

I recently called them and put my name on the waiting list. Do you know how fast they move through their list, because she said there was around 30-40 on it as well.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:17 PM

10 posts, read 24,997 times
Default Place to park RV around Dickinson?

I have checked with the 2 RV parks in Dickinson and they have nothing and was wondering if there were any other placed to park or set up for a bit while waiting?

Old 05-08-2012, 06:10 PM

105 posts, read 448,786 times
dodge05girl- Have you checked in South Heart, Belfield, or even Medora? They are a bit of a drive but you may be able to find a temporary place there. I know there is a nice one in Medora which is roughly 35 miles from Dickinson. I like to go there every once an a while and travel through the park on my bike and just to get away from Dickinson. One of my supervisors are staying at the North Park Campground. I had another one stay at Patterson Lake for a short spell until they found a house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota