Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 09:30 AM

11 posts, read 68,569 times

Advertisements

Excellent. So it is a legal situation then, thats good to know. I have not applied yet, I wanted to get as much information as I possibly could before deciding to move my young children across the country. But the application is quite literally sitting in front of me and I was planning on getting it to them this week. I would also like to start on April 5th, perhaps we'd be in the same orientation. But I am only a CNA so possibly not. I have tons of information if you need anything else. I wanted to also ask you, how did the process of being hired go? and How long after u sent in your application did you receive your job offer? I was just curious if i got everything in this week, if i would know if i was hired or not by March 1st ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 01:59 PM

3 posts, read 9,665 times
Keep us updated on how things work out with them. I called to get the details after seeing the advertisement in the back of a recent nursing journal, little suprised they didn't pay more hourly, considering the demand, and bonus/relocation perks they were offering. I am curious about the pension they offer; do you know specific details about if? I am planning to move to WV from NC in the next year, ND is too far from family.
Good luck in ND....it is nice to be able to start fresh.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:46 PM

4 posts, read 11,863 times
It didn't take long at all to get the offer. i am sure we'd be in the same first week orientation. I am def. scared of this. Good Luck. We really want a rental in country outside minot or nearby city. My kids like their four wheelers. My husband likes to target shoot.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:23 PM

363 posts, read 1,043,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatCooper View Post
You need to find out if the hospital is going to pay the moving company or if you have to. I will tell you that we moved all of our stuff including motorcycles (2 of them) and it was just under 10,000.00. We are a family of 3, but we do have a lot of stuff. I would go ahead and contact a moving company or uhaul if you are doing it yourself and get an estimate.
Go with Budget or U-Haul for rental trucks, not Penske! Ten grand to move is ridiculous - you musta had a lot of krap. I used to drive moving vans and we always told the people to take the necessities and sell the rest.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,043 times
Default I would like a little info if you have it

My wife is being offered the deal at trinity. So i was reading to see what others had to say about the whole deal and i came across your post. I would love if you could send me some info on what you know about finding work in the oil fields, or even doing cement.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:38 AM

431 posts, read 1,605,418 times
Try these place out. See if any of these places work.

Rentals
IMM (701) 852-3648
IPM (701) 852-1157
CPM (701) 852-5028
1st Minot Management (701) 839-7505
More Properties (701) 852-7535
SMC (701) 839-4200

Old 03-22-2010, 01:17 PM

555 posts, read 1,653,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plainsman48 View Post
Go with Budget or U-Haul for rental trucks, not Penske! Ten grand to move is ridiculous - you musta had a lot of krap. I used to drive moving vans and we always told the people to take the necessities and sell the rest.
We just relocated 100 miles... it was closer to 20 grand for all of our stuff... they spend 2 days packing the house... 1 day loading the truck... 1 day unloading the truck... I signed off on all the invoices and I believe it was right around $18k for the 4 days work. I'll tell you this much though, it's an absolutely fabulous service... if you aren't the one paying for it

Old 04-08-2010, 09:12 AM

11 posts, read 37,482 times
I am considering looking into this, but as an RN. Does anyone know what they pay RN's. I spent quite a bit of time last night looking into housing, and was surprised at how little was there. Also thought the houses were kind of pricey, but of course it would be expected that demand would drive the prices up. Does anyone know of a nice apartment complex that would be very near the hospital that caters to adults and would allow at least a cat?

For those that are considering moving there, keep in mind that winters in that part of the country can be brutal as far as the cold goes. On the other hand, there is so much less crowding, crime, pollution that the big city areas offer and the school systems tend to be good.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:16 AM

11 posts, read 68,569 times
i applied, was hired and have moved to Minot. Been here about a week. Housing really isnt so bad, if you dont mind living in an apartment complex. Most of what i have seen are 4-plexes. i can give you tons of info if you need it, just let me know what you're looking for. the website should have all the info for hourly rates. I know of one lady who is a CNA just got hired at 17.77/hr just bc of her experience. im glad i came, its nice out here..people are very nice. the hardest part was actually getting here and then figuring out how to drive around town. its complicated at first =0) but i recomended looking into it...i think coming here was a good choice for us and i wish you luck if you decide on coming. i do know that the sign on bonus and moving allowance are much more for RN's. the bonus check is given to you whn you show up to sign your paper work and then they even give you a map so you can find the bank. it was painless. our worst problem was actually with uhual...other than that...no issues. good luck and let me know if you need anything i have tons of resources from my searching before we came and now that im here, i have even more.

~Corrin

Old 06-18-2010, 10:03 AM

2 posts, read 7,635 times
Simon20

I just talked to recuirter about job with trinity it seems real but I am still a little leary about moving to ND I am here in Georgia. It sounds like the housing is strict on the credit issue are there any apts. or studios that just rent month to month?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota