Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 10:15 AM

2 posts, read 7,636 times

Advertisements

[quote=simon26;14670622]Simon20

I just talked to recuirter about job with trinity it seems real but I am still a little leary about moving to ND I am here in Georgia. It sounds like the housing is strict on the credit issue are there any apts. or studios that just rent month to month? I am also a CNA . How about trinity hospital is the floor you are working on good? How is everyone treating you? Has your benefits kicked in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 07:30 AM

431 posts, read 1,605,644 times
All banks are strict on credit. We still have about a 95% occupancy rate here. There are 2 new hotels being built for long term that should be completed in the next month or so. Trinity does offer good pay and the winters could be harsh. Not all winters are harsh here. I remember a year when it didn't snow until Christmas eve and we were mowing our yards again the following April. I enjoyed that winter.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:47 PM

7 posts, read 15,363 times
Thanks so much, magiccity, for your honest and valuable information about banking & renting in the Minot area. I'm working with the Trinity recruiter and should be arriving for the August or September orientation. Even with a crappy credit score, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to secure housing for myself and my dog (it's just us). Do you think I'll find what I need in Glenburn or even closer into town? I imagine we'll end up in an extended stay place for a little while until something pops. Everyone, THANK YOU for all of your posts! I'm excited and a l'il nervous at the same time.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:53 AM

451 posts, read 976,950 times
Default Trinity Hospital, Minot, ND

I have a few questions. I am a nurse who has followed this thread from time to time. I would like a little information as well. First, I have not found any information regarding the relocation package. Is this part of Trinity's website? I certainly could have missed this, and if I did I would appreciate exactly where this is found.

Secondly, for those who have begun and/or completed their training (I recall reading that a few of you were going to be in the March/April training class), how do you like it? What floors are you on and do you feel it was a good move? I know that others have asked these questions, but I was hoping for some information as well. Thank you.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:00 PM

1 posts, read 4,908 times
Default minot

During the winters in Minot, what is it like? How good is the snow removal service? Just wondering if you worked at the hospital & were on call how hard is it to get back in? Anyone know if the benefit package is good? My husband & I have been talking about moving & this would be a HUGE leap for us. We currently live just north of Dallas. Are there alot of family oriented activities? Thanks in advance

Old 09-08-2010, 07:32 PM

1 posts, read 4,690 times
I'm looking into the same offer. Looks like a lot of such offers are available due to the oil boom, which explains the housing shortage. I am very interested in any info you are able to obtain, and would appreciate it if you could share, too.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:22 PM

6 posts, read 21,826 times
hello my name is napoleon and i've got offered a position in minot and i'm looking for another gay male to hopefully go and get a place with me 2 bedroom so it will b cheaper i am a black male imma leave my email if u r intrested we can talk more also send a pic and i will do the same nlock442000@yahoo.com

Old 05-27-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyahbunz View Post
I have been offered a job at Trinity Health (Hospital or Homes- doesn't matter) in Minot, ND. It's a relocation package offered to CNA's who live outside of ND. I'm looking for people who have accepted any of these positions or know someone who has. I'm basically looking to find out if this is the real deal and how it's gone for them. I'd be moving my entire family (myself, boyfriend and 4 kids under age 4) to this area. Ive been reading everyone's forum's for months about ND and we've learned a lot about the area from everyone... So that is much appreciated, but we're still having a hard time deciding whether this is the right thing to do for our family/future. Any insight would be greatly helpful.

Included in this relocation package is: a $2,500 moving allowance to get your family and things to ND, (they will also reimburse you for any money you spend on your way to ND if it doesn't exceed the $2,500 overall) a $2,500 sign-on bonus - given to you BEFORE you start work if you accept one year employment (check can be picked up the Friday before orientation starts on Monday--orientations start the first Monday of each month), then they are offering you a full 40 hr work week with full benefits (benefits seem like a good package overall) and then at the beginning of your second year, they'll give you another $2,500 for accepting a second year with them. The third year.. they give you $2,000 towards your LPN schooling. How does this sound to you guys???

Also I've been reading about how Minot is supposed to have a huge housing shortage..is this true? We would definitely need to rent as we are in no position whatsoever to buy a home. Is it really as bad as I'm reading?

I'm just not sure whats best for my family at this time and I don't want to accept this position and find out after that its crap or wasn't really worth it. Again, any insight at all would be incredibly helpful. Thank you!

~Corrin
well i've gotten the job got the offer and i took it the only advice i would give try to network and find someone that got offered the job as well that way if u have to get a house or a apartment u can split the deposit and the firsts month rent

Old 05-27-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxLONEWOLFxx View Post
i two was offered this opportunity and i wanted to know how the community felt towards same sex couples, gays,lesbians, and races such as black or multiracial people, i am an gay young adult in my late 20s who will be relocating if everything seems ok im looking to rent an 1-2 bedroom apartment preferably legacy home and i was wondering if there any apartment shortages
well the best advice bro i would say if u do take the position try and find someone that took the position as well like i have applied and got the job so if u find someone that got the job throught the beck-field relocation bonus and you can split the cost for a place on the deposit and the first months rent plus the aparment complex will probably take you on a little better because they know ur both locked in for a year me myshelf been looking for a gay male to go and get a 2 bedroom togather if ur intested send me an email nlock442000@yahoo.com

Old 05-27-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbldm View Post
Yes, I have been given written offer. Thanks for the list. I would really like housing in one of the little towns near. I start April 5. Did you apply and get a written offer? What is your area of expertese and title?
hello how r u i got the job offer ass well and took it looking for anyone single with no kids that might wanna get a 2 bedroom togather if u r intrested send me and email nlock442000@yahoo.com and i start april 5th as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota