U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 03:22 PM

470 posts, read 597,021 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for advice from people who either live in North Dakota or have relocated to North Dakota on how they located work in North Dakota.
I have looked online,but I haven't seen a lot of jobs on the usual job sites.
Nor do any of the papers that are online seem to have a number jobs advertised.

Are there a lot of jobs in ND....where are they located....and how easiliy are the obtained?
I have a job currently...but I'm always looking.
Any advice/assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 04:26 PM

581 posts, read 1,569,014 times
www.jobsnd.com

www.theshopperinc.net

www.willistonnd.com

Depends on what kind of work you are looking for. Nearly everyone in Williston is hiring.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:32 PM

5 posts, read 42,776 times
I sure wish I could find a job in ND

Old 06-16-2010, 01:01 PM

25 posts, read 54,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughneck10 View Post
I sure wish I could find a job in ND
How come you cant find a job? arnt there any left?

Old 06-16-2010, 10:56 PM

925 posts, read 2,510,914 times
Yes NickyP406...there are still plenty of jobs in North Dakota...not sure what roughneck10 is referring to. If you can't get hired somewhere in ND, especially western ND in the oil industry...there is some reason for it. CDL's are in big demand right now, as well as rig hands, and service company hands, etc.... JobServiceND has around 1,100 openings just in the Williston area alone. (I'm sure they are not ALL oil, but a majority of them are) ND just hit 130 rigs...which is a record...this time last year, there were only around 47...so things are still going strong in western ND.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:21 PM

8 posts, read 36,046 times
Default How to find work in Fargo?

Why dont you just go to youtube and type in: "black pimps set up bussinesses in Fargo". Anyone can come here and find work, including pimps. If this ******* can find work, why cant you? I cant beleve they are allowing this man to operate his bussiness here.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:40 PM

3,716 posts, read 5,471,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMchayes View Post
Why dont you just go to youtube and type in: "black pimps set up bussinesses in Fargo". Anyone can come here and find work, including pimps. If this ******* can find work, why cant you? I cant beleve they are allowing this man to operate his bussiness here.
I would be careful about this info....as in the past there have been two posts by someone who links to this man's youtube site....it is more fiction than reality. I would contact Fargo or W Fargo PD if you have concerns or see if they have heard of this person.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:48 PM

2,832 posts, read 4,724,141 times
Are there any white collar jobs for people with college degrees? I'm under the impression that North Dakota is pretty much a blue collar jobs state.

What kinds of requirements in terms of training and experience would be required to obtain one of the blue collar oilfield jobs? Are they all physically intensive and thus only workable by people under age 30?

Old 06-22-2010, 12:26 AM

231 posts, read 476,837 times
If you don't have a well-paying position waiting for you, stay away. The only way to get better than $30k/year (without working construction) is through connections. This is just about the most passive-aggressive place in the country (world?), which means you are doomed if you don't have the right last name or know the right people.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:34 AM

428 posts, read 1,118,886 times
There are quite a few white collar jobs, especially for CPA's, doctors, nurses, social work, engineers, etc. It all depends on your skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota