U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-31-2010, 03:47 PM

13,306 posts, read 12,882,549 times
I wish they did.........I hired the Pet Nanny as I have for two other years. It works out just fine and she does a good job.

I saw the Christmas Decorations thread went/sent to "chat"........so now I am thinking doesn't fishing, restaurants, coal, stoves, lets talk about electric, lets talk about natural gas, and most all topics besides moving topics then have to be here? Then our poor NEPA won't have any threads left. IMHO..............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosanne View Post
Have a great time Summering!
Thank you........I miss you.........Are you moving here soon?

Old 12-31-2010, 08:34 PM

528 posts, read 774,246 times
Default Not Much Luck Selling Our House at the Present Time

Hey Summering, hopefully. We put our house up for sale on Oct. 25th, and nothing is happening as of yet. The housing market is pretty bad right now. We hope that there will be some interest with the new year, after the holidays are over.

Have a safe trip and keep us posted on what is happening with you in South Carolina, and I'll be sure to let you know how things are going here in So. Calif.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:35 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,268,985 times
I would like to make a suggestion regarding the off-topic thread. I've seen this thread become a greetings thread and nothing more, since there are no topics set. Would it be possible to make a new off-topic sub-forum inside the NEPA forum? That way, we could start off-topic threads with their own subjects, and keep the NEPA flavor in them.

BTW, our Christmas lights will stay lit until January 7. Following American tradition, the kids received gifts from Santa on Christmas day. And following Spanish tradition, they'll receive gifts again from the Three Kings on January 6. Lucky bastards

Old 01-02-2011, 07:05 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,370,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker7 View Post
I would like to make a suggestion regarding the off-topic thread. I've seen this thread become a greetings thread and nothing more, since there are no topics set. Would it be possible to make a new off-topic sub-forum inside the NEPA forum? That way, we could start off-topic threads with their own subjects, and keep the NEPA flavor in them.

BTW, our Christmas lights will stay lit until January 7. Following American tradition, the kids received gifts from Santa on Christmas day. And following Spanish tradition, they'll receive gifts again from the Three Kings on January 6. Lucky bastards

are the three kings related to the ""Latin Kings "" As their crowns seem close to the same

Old 01-02-2011, 08:44 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,268,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
are the three kings related to the ""Latin Kings "" As their crowns seem close to the same
I wouldn't know since I'm not from the ghetto. But, as far as I know, when Baby Jesus was born, the Three Kings brought him gifts and gold to celebrate a new life, while the Latin Kings take your gold and take your life.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:46 PM

Well Trucker, this chat thread is for anything you'd like to talk about.......not just greetings.
It works because its " off topic" and so .......it is easier to not get locked up...
We all hate when the official lock comes right when we are on a roll.....
So whatever you want to talk about.....you can just start in. They just don't have a "sub forum" for Chating....Perhaps because it would go on and on with subjects.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:35 AM

10,004 posts, read 15,281,368 times
Trucker, Summering has it right - this IS the place for off topic chatting. You'll notice that some recent threads were closed because they were pretty much just off topic chatting. The more people that contribute to this thread, the better it will be.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:10 AM

1,813 posts, read 3,266,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker7 View Post

Interesting tradition, Trucker. I'd never head of that. I keep my lights on through the 7th as well and usually take them down the weekend after. I knew the Three Kings visited baby Jesus on the 6th, and have referred to it as "Little Christmas", but we never got any additional presents! Lucky kids indeed!

Old 01-04-2011, 07:21 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,370,082 times
HEE HEE ..

Gotta love the south ...

Woman Utters Line Never Previously Recorded In A Police Report | The Smoking Gun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania