Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2015, 09:48 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,927,245 times

Advertisements

Hey all! Sorry for my absence my note will be sent in. Things at home have been kind of rough and I have again gone back to work. Night's now and my sleep is really messed up. My youngest is doing great as a freshmen in Dunmore so that is the highlight of my life. Miss you all. Hugs and kisses!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 12:29 PM

18,754 posts, read 17,966,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
amen to that about the 'pick me up'...
this used to be a vibrant,thriving, fun community...

I noticed that at the bottom of threads the management is requesting 'bumps' to put your post to the top...this never used to have to happen before...
I am going to go out on a limb (at the risk of incurring an admonishment, or worse ) here and offer my theory why this site is languishing..
It seems like everytime a thread starts to roll on its own and get interesting, the powers that be squelch it or remove a post...
I might be wrong but, from reading the threads it seems that a lot of favoritism is shown to certain members.
There...I said it, I now await retribution :-)

Dayum...my tooth is still a- hurtin' after yesterday's root canal...
Anyone else here ever have one?
First, Bloomin, it is nice to hear that you are still around. I also work nights and still find some time to post - just saying. We miss your post and bring Matilda back with you when you decide to settle down!

Mr. Magoo it is easy to get carried away on almost any subject. There are forums that do not penalize posters because they get carried away. But I don't think they are the best forums; there is never any consensus to bring the parties together - they polarize. Most of us have been censured on one or more occasions as we have gotten carried away trying to make our points. I was censured/reprimanded on one of the national threads several months ago and I did not think it was fair; but that is life. So I no longer post on that thread; even though I felt that I was making a serious contribution. I also felt there was favoritism to the one side; but I am not calling the shots.

Good luck with the root canal. Did they give you a prescriptions for antibiotics? If they did; you might have to take them. Sometimes that is the only thing that helps eliminate the pain.

Old 10-24-2015, 01:33 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,207,704 times
yeah Fisheye...thanks for asking...Root canal went reasonably well...they started me on antibiotics the day before...last night it took a turn for the worst around midnight but the antibiotics won out and turned the table around 2 am...
They gave me Tylenol 3's with Codeine too..that took the edge off the pain but I forgot to tell the doc I was allergic to codeine so I was itching and scratching like a Golden Retreiver last night...

Thanks for the heads up about posting on City Data...appreciate it.

Glad you got 'Ms Bloom' to add her comments...I really enjoy reading her posts as well as yours.

I'll be up around Wilkes Barre tomorrow, Plains, specifically...hope to see some nice colors...
Just got an oil change, check the tire pressure and all the fluids..
Later,
Magoo.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:04 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,927,245 times
Have a great week all!

Old 10-27-2015, 08:05 AM

the trip was great, albeit a bit sad...I love going back to my birthplace...but I am older now and my relatives who lived there, the older ones have died off, my last surviving aunt died in April...most of my cousins have moved away.
Driving through downtown WB was a sobering experience...
so sad to see houses and business of my youth run down and shuddered...
as Thomas Wolfe once said 'You can't go home anymore.'

The Poconos looked beautiful driving through...something magical about that place...
The Germans call it 'Bergfriede'. 'the peace of the Mountains'

Old 10-27-2015, 11:23 PM

32,758 posts, read 35,962,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
the trip was great, albeit a bit sad...I love going back to my birthplace...but I am older now and my relatives who lived there, the older ones have died off, my last surviving aunt died in April...most of my cousins have moved away.
Driving through downtown WB was a sobering experience...
so sad to see houses and business of my youth run down and shuddered...
as Thomas Wolfe once said 'You can't go home anymore.'

The Poconos looked beautiful driving through...something magical about that place...
The Germans call it 'Bergfriede'. 'the peace of the Mountains'
No, you can't go home anymore. My brother and I are as different as night and day, my cousins have more problems than I do because they are ill, and my few friends want me to be the person that I was many years ago. I can't be that person for them.

I didn't like growing up in the city, but loved the streams, creeks, hills and low, old mountains. My mother used to tell me that I was a little Indian.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:02 AM

so, ms. Gerania, do tell...
if you are different as night and day from your brother , are you, like Patty Duke, different as night and day from your cousins?
You remember Cathy, Patty's sedate cousin?

She liked 'the Ballet Russe and crêpes sucette, and on thé other hand Patty 'likes to rock n'roll, a hot dog made her lose control, what a crazy duet.

Since your mom said you were like an 'Indian' I think it is safe to assume that you were more like Patty than Cathy.

So Dearie, these are just my musings on a rainy afternoon, pay me no mind.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:53 PM

The family? They, we, are all a different Baskin-Robbins flavor. While we all have something in common, we are all different from each other. I suppose it's that way in most families.

While it's safe to assume that I'm more like Patty than Cathy, just as they were the same person, so am I. I am the princess who complained about the pea, but have slept on the ground and the floor. I refuse to eat any "food" from McDonalds or the like, but I will eat wings in a dive bar--with a napkin on my lap and patting my mouth with another before I take a sip of my yellow, mass produced, American beer. I know what those two Italian ladies were singing about, though usually end up singing Friends In Low Places.

I'm not sure what to call my ice cream flavor. It would be vanilla ice cream with maraschino cherries (cheap), salted pecans (a little southern), Scharffen Berger chocolate (at least), some gold foil flecks (because I'm worth it) and a dash of cayenne pepper. A little bite is good.

Do you have any suggestions?

Old 10-28-2015, 04:26 PM

wait...you don't REALLY believe that Patty and Cathy are the same persona do you?
Now, That is just a crazy bat s h i t e notion...
next you will be telling me the moon isn't really made of green Polly-O cheese.
I was born in NEPA at night...but not last night. no sireee, Bobtail.

Ooooh, Ice Cream..I would kill for some B&Js Cherry Garcia right about now with some of those Rocky Marciano cherries...
Speaking of Rocky...I think that is what flavor Ice Cream comes to mind after reading your post...
Rocky Road.

I have a shaggy dog story to relate about me eating Cherry Garcia Ice Cream out of a pint container while my pet Cockatiel was perched on my shoulder...
If you or any other good members here would like to hear it sometime, I will gladly share the story, but not my Ice Cream...
The only way you can get my Ice Cream is to pry my spoon from my cold and sticky fingers.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:40 PM

Imagine that. I was born in NEPA at night. Such a small world.

Cherry Garcia is still one of my favorite flavors. My ice cream flavor? I believe Rock Road is taken. I'd like it to be called Joy Ride.

I'd like to hear the Cockatiel story... but you're not going to share your ice cream?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania