Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2016, 07:23 AM

2,481 posts, read 2,207,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
LOL Right. Steamers and chowder are big business at the shore.
ain't dat da truth, Ruth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 09:38 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,324,914 times
Quote:
You don't need a tour, unless you want a tour, but you can buy those.
I was being sarcastic towards the Scrantonions. They're lucky to find their way to and from the bars (a lot of them, that is).

Old 09-16-2016, 10:35 AM

Wish this was next week. It's a bit pricey but would be fun.

MNR Getaways

Old 09-16-2016, 03:55 PM

32,758 posts, read 35,962,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
I never dipped a raw shellfish in butter...cooked ones, yeah.
Shellfish need nothing, but a squeeze of lime, maybe a dash of tobasco, or ground pepper..

Or just plain..
Sluuuuurrrp.. done.:-)
For me, it's lemon. Same difference, I guess.

Old 09-16-2016, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
I was being sarcastic towards the Scrantonions. They're lucky to find their way to and from the bars (a lot of them, that is).
People have been putting me into the role of tour guide for decades. Who? :::looking around::: Me? I must look like I know where I'm going.

Years ago, the early 2000s, I was talking to mom about moving to the states and becoming a citizen. She told me she'd never been to the Statue of Liberty. What? She saw it when her little ship was in the harbor, but that was the only time. My son hadn't been there, either. I signed the motley crew up for a Martz tour: Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and South Street Seaport. It was great! Mom didn't become upset about the NYC traffic because she was in a bus. It was brutally hot, and the three of us sat on a bench in the shade and ate ice cream on Liberty Island. The Immigration Museum was very interesting--and air conditioned. Nice views of the East River from the Seaport, and we all agreed on a restaurant for dinner. The bus driver pointed out some interesting things on the way out. Painless.

Old 09-16-2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
People have been putting me into the role of tour guide for decades. Who? :::looking around::: Me? I must look like I know where I'm going.

Years ago, the early 2000s, I was talking to mom about moving to the states and becoming a citizen. She told me she'd never been to the Statue of Liberty. What? She saw it when her little ship was in the harbor, but that was the only time. My son hadn't been there, either. I signed the motley crew up for a Martz tour: Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and South Street Seaport. It was great! Mom didn't become upset about the NYC traffic because she was in a bus. It was brutally hot, and the three of us sat on a bench in the shade and ate ice cream on Liberty Island. The Immigration Museum was very interesting--and air conditioned. Nice views of the East River from the Seaport, and we all agreed on a restaurant for dinner. The bus driver pointed out some interesting things on the way out. Painless.
A bus trip? That's out of their comfort zone-----their living room/front porch/corner bar. Again, not everybody here hangs out in bars.

Old 09-16-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
For me, it's lemon. Same difference, I guess.
yup..but my wifes brother who lives in Florida has gotten me hooked on Key Limes..he sends them, brings them by the bag when he visits..
He is great guy..often pendantic..but he fixes everything that needs to be fixed at Magoo Manor...

last feb. when he came for a funeral, ..he assembled our Golds Gym stepper in a 1/2 hr...manual says two people...two hours...go 'figger'

My SIL ..the Millionaire Golden Retreiver breeder from Key Largo...does the same..she sends us bags of Key limes..

When we go to Puerto Rico, those ubiquitous limes are on the tables at the clams/ oysters kiosks in Boqueron.
I have always loved the smell of citrus... especially Lemon..

When we had seafood for dinner when I was a child...(FRIDAYs only) I would alway take the one slice we got on our plate,
and before bed..would rub it on my arms, then squeeze it between my fingers ...then toss it out the opened window..

Sweet Dreams that night of a far away land that I hoped one day I would visit..

Old 09-16-2016, 06:53 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,889,335 times
Quote:

When I lived in D.C., I was the designated tour guide. Three different times. I finally realized that it didn't always have to be me so I learned to say, "sorry, prior plans" and the visitors snagged a Tour Guide for a few bucks. (They never paid me!)

One of the nicest trips I went on was to NYC. Went to Ellis Island and found a record of my great-aunt's and my fathers arrival ship We went to Liberty Island and were overwhelmed at the size of Her. It was a fantastic trip. Actually, the trip was April 30, 2001.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:10 PM

What great stories you two tell..Theater G and Gerania,

Just have to let you two know..

I luvs my two NEPA 'sistahs'

I truly do.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
A bus trip? That's out of their comfort zone-----their living room/front porch/corner bar. Again, not everybody here hangs out in bars.
You couldn't pay my brother enough to get on a public bus, or any other sort of public transportation. He will go places, but it's usually with a group, or because he has to. He only went to Philly, NYC and Boston because one of the kids lived there. He went to Penn State games and on ski trips with a group of co-workers and friends. They had enough people to rent a bus. That was a fun group! I miss them. He went to various shore points because his wife's family all vacationed at the same time in the same place. He liked the Finger Lakes region after a friend, couple, invited them to join them for the weekend. He'll go just about anywhere, but it's never his idea and he won't go alone. Except Disney World. He did take the kids to Disney World, and it was his plan. That was it.

When my son was in high school, I decided that we needed to road trip. I asked if he had a suggestion. Nope. Well, it was Niagara Falls--of all places. I'm still not sure why I picked that. I guess I was thinking that we could drive there, and there might be enough to entertain his teenage brain. There was. He was all over it. He'd just gotten his driver's license and did nearly all of the driving. Can we say nervous breakdown? He passed everything on the road. We did hokey, touristy stuff, bought cheap T-shirts, he picked all of the restaurants. He also told me that I was going to go on the Whirlpool Jet Boat ride. I was certainly exciting.

He's visited a number of states, lived in three, and doesn't seem at all motivated to travel. A couple of years ago, I told him to find a cheap flight, and just go somewhere for a few days. Hasn't happened yet. Some people need a tour guide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania