Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2016, 07:32 AM

2,481 posts, read 2,232,777 times

Advertisements

Noooo, not that lovely young lady. so sad...I'm suprised you remembered...no, I'm not.

this one was a lovely Mandarin Princess...perfect diction, manners etc. but she could cough up up a big green 'Lugie' better than most of my male buddies, she stuck her head out of the car window and spit it out...it looked like it was in slow motion...flying end over end before wrapping it self around a tree branch or 'No Parking sign' .I don't remember....

Then she looked over at me with a mysterious and coy smile, and slightly nodded her head...

I could almost hear that little tinkling music they played on ' Kung Fu' in the background.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2016, 10:17 PM

32,915 posts, read 36,310,068 times
Mike, I was thinking of you earlier when I listened to this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBiVzp4pPDM

Old 10-23-2016, 03:32 PM

Eagles won today...I watched from the Cucina as I made my Babcis Beet Soup recipe.http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...870-image.jpeg
Beets, chopped beet greens, onions, potatoes and carrots from the Trenton Farmers mkt. ....
some beef shin meat with bone..Dill, vinegar, bay leaf, peppercorns...glob of sour cream to dress it out..

I also got some leeks to make potato/leek soup on Tues.
heavy cream, celery, chicken stock..fresh thyme..

It's cool here..my wife took the kids and grandkids pumpkin/ apple picking today at Stiers Orchard...hay ride out to the field..if I went I would be wheezing all night.

Apples will turn into Apple Crumb pie tomorrow..not by me..by my wife..I am no baker..

But as my best friend Louie told my wife before we were married;

'Marry him Darling, I have known him since we were teenagers..he is a great little cook...and he f----s like a Bunny!'

Old 10-23-2016, 05:36 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,945,768 times
Just got back from my granddaughter's Confirmation. Bishop Timlin (Scranton Diocese) came out of retirement to administer the sacrament. Large class - 81 young men and women - but I had a seat so the hour and a half didn't seem too long. Church was packed. Family had a dinner following but I opted to come home. Long days don't wear too well on me.

magoo, although I love beets, babci's soup doesn't appeal to me. I will, however, show up on Tuesday for some of the potato potion. The Irish side of me, I guess.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:46 PM

I love potato leek soup and apple pie. Haven't made either of them in a while. I used to get some proper beet soup at the little restaurant/deli once in a while. I can't remember the name of the place. It was on Northampton Street across the street from Percy Brown's.

Was this late summer, early fall season particularly bad for allergies? I've had some problems.

Old 10-23-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I love potato leek soup and apple pie. Haven't made either of them in a while. I used to get some proper beet soup at the little restaurant/deli once in a while. I can't remember the name of the place. It was on Northampton Street across the street from Percy Brown's.

Was this late summer, early fall season particularly bad for allergies? I've had some problems.
Actually it is those silly wagons they load up with hay and bales of straw to transport the City Slickers from Philly to the orchards and pumpkin patches.

makes my sinuses go 'crazy go nuts.'

Old 10-23-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Just got back from my granddaughter's Confirmation. Bishop Timlin (Scranton Diocese) came out of retirement to administer the sacrament. Large class - 81 young men and women - but I had a seat so the hour and a half didn't seem too long. Church was packed. Family had a dinner following but I opted to come home. Long days don't wear too well on me.

magoo, although I love beets, babci's soup doesn't appeal to me. I will, however, show up on Tuesday for some of the potato potion. The Irish side of me, I guess.
ok...Tuesday 7 pm...place setting with your name on it..since you got all 'religioned up' at church today, you will be expected to lead before meal Grace.

Long drive home..so a guest room will be prepared..private bath..view of the canal and Country Club from North Window..
..some scary-a s s e d pics of my ancestors on the walls...don't be hatin'

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...872-image.html.

Breakfast at 8 am...

don't forget to tip the maid.

Old 10-23-2016, 07:18 PM

Which room do I get?

Do you play cards? I'll bet that TG and I can best you at Cinch.

Old 10-24-2016, 01:44 PM

not much of a card player...
well, after playing 'War' as a child..how can you ever match the excitement of a 'War on top of a war' aka a 'double war'
makes my heart race thinking of those halcyon days of youth.

I am sorry, Dearest..but I get squirmy sitting at a card table..or any table.

There are a few rooms available at Magoo Manor.

My daughter when she stays, has always like the room in the attic..it is small but not claustophobic, it has a stall shower, toilet and wash basin..
it can be chilly in winter and hot in summer, but it does have air and baseboard heating.

She likes the privacy, the ceiling beams, and loves to hear the rain on the roof..it has an antique Hunter ceiling fan that runs much more quiet than the newer ones.
It used to have a winter view of the Delaware River..alas my nabes trees have blocked that out for 3 years running.

During the holidays She always says 'Dibs on the Anne Frank room!'

I hate to break it to her that no one has ever requested that room.

I always say, 'It's yours!'

I think Gerania, you would like that room too.

I am supposed to be in PR this week and next..had to cancel to return for a THIRD time to the dentist on Hollowee'n...he is not going in deep enough to remove the gunk that is causing the abcess..he drills, packs, takes some 'film' and says with a grin...'ooooh, I still need to go deeper..we'll get in next time! '

He is a Ghoul...verily he is.

Doing projects here to keep busy, finally finished the 'basket case' park bench I found curbside two years ago..all new carriage bolts and nuts, replaced a few wooden slats, wire brushed the rust off the metal.. spray painted the metal rustoleum black...hand painted the wood Hunter green.
small monetary investment, I love to bring old cast off stuff back to life.
picture later.

Last edited by mr.magoo; 10-24-2016 at 02:22 PM..

Old 10-24-2016, 09:33 PM

The crow's nest? That would be my favorite room. I could listen to the patter of the falling rain, and I wouldn't have to hear those who awoke before fall's late dawn.

I haven't played "real" cards for years. Last year, my son, his friend and I played Uno and Monopoly during a four day power outage. My brother and I used to play team cinch, partners, with other family members. We had only to glance at each other to know how the hand was going to play. It was either I have nothing, we're going to win, or take you're best shot. Very exciting.

I'm almost sorry I posted about the root canal, but maybe, you knew what might happenrd. My problems happened over a period of three years. But it was still drill, nope. Drill, drill, nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania