Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 06:47 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,658,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamMan View Post
Love the Jonas Inn. Wish I could get there more often.
Yeah, I feel like I should show up on a horse......or at the least, in a buggy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 11:21 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,138,306 times
Is the "'Jonas Inn "" the same place at the ""Hotel Jonas""

Mike Pandolfo own's it . Its on Jonas Rd and rt 534 ?

I used to live near there years ago , Used to eat there all the time ,, Great food and easy women ..

Old 07-31-2010, 07:06 PM

Oh....lolololol........Yes, it is the Hotel Jonas. We don't live far from their ourselves. Too funny.....
The food was great, not sure about "easy women"......I saw many older couples and some workers stopping in......But, I'm not an expert on the place.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:42 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,001,407 times
Heyyyy youse guyyyys!

Well, good evening everyone.....

We took a run down to the Hotel Jonas early last spring. We ate on the bar side. Is it a lot different than the dining room side?

Today we went to the Danville area to visit The Point Barn. They have a wine shop selling from local wineries. I ended up with a couple of sweet, white, dessert wines. The one is made with frozen grapes. Interesting stuff.

There is also a shop with Amish-made products. The tables and chairs are beautiful.......all Pennsylvania hardwoods.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:36 PM

That sounds like fun.........I'd like to get a few local wines to take with us for "wine times" at Myrtle Beach. So it is something I will be looking into soon........A local wine collection.

I spent the past few days helping do the final finishes on our daughters new pool up in Endicott,NY.
They got a very interesting heater for the pool. It looks like a heat pump.......and it heats up the pool water. Aqua-Cal.......It is a beauty. I had to go shop for stone for the filter and also for this heat pump. No one knew 100% about the rules for this type of hook up.
There I was in my new sandles raking rocks and shoveling........What was I thinking? I should have remembered what yard issues come up with putting a pool in.

I did get in a great swim up at the little lake in Greene........Such a quiet, peaceful, place to visit.
The water was clear and cool.....

Tried hard to get the pool finished so the little fellows would get to swim. Lots of piping between both units......Lots of wiring 18" deep at a long distance.....If the inspector gets back from vacation they should get in this week.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Heyyyy youse guyyyys!

Well, good evening everyone.....

We took a run down to the Hotel Jonas early last spring. We ate on the bar side. Is it a lot different than the dining room side?

Today we went to the Danville area to visit The Point Barn. They have a wine shop selling from local wineries. I ended up with a couple of sweet, white, dessert wines. The one is made with frozen grapes. Interesting stuff.

There is also a shop with Amish-made products. The tables and chairs are beautiful.......all Pennsylvania hardwoods.
From the dining room area you can't see the bar........Its just a plain room. Great for a family type dinner..........
But, I love the bar area cozy, charming........and friendly.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:48 PM

539 posts, read 1,068,507 times
Summering, you have family in Upstate NY? I lived there for almost 15 years, north of Binghamton and not far from Norwich. You mention Greene, I lived in Smithville Flats a few years, and had a cousin and another friend in Greene, also Afton. My cousin now lives in Harpursville. Actually, in Smithville Flats, there was a creek in a small canyon behind my property, at one point it made a really nice pool and had a completely flat smooth slate bottom and was deep enough (and crystal clear) to actually swim in.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:55 AM

I do Frank.....My daughter ( a former New Jersey girl) now lives in Endicott, NY. When we visit we spend a lot of time shopping in Binghamton and Vestal. I don't know all the towns in the area really....but, we have taken some wonderful back roads to the finger lakes, and Ithica.
Greene has a wonderful little lake ( large pond size) and it is mainly a summer cottage area. One area of it is year round. It is a very relaxing lake to visit. We take out the paddle boat, as do many of the residents. Crystal clear swimming......and I understand some really big fish in there.
I'll try to add some pictures to my CD page today.......if you'd like to see some pictures of it.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:00 AM

372 posts, read 1,228,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post

That's my old stomping ground! Yes, the Point Barn is a fun place to go - seemed like you enjoyed it! Did you get to walk in the downtown in Danville? Very cute shops, good places to eat as well!

Old 08-06-2010, 03:31 PM

Tomorrow I am in New Jersey for a party........
I really love that living in PA puts us close to NY and NJ.......How can we not have a ton of things to do? Plus, this state is booming with outdoor activities......
It has just been too hot for the outdoor flea markets so I have kind of skipped that fun. Hoping to catch up in the fall. I once passed up some old drawings of Easton my daughter would have loved, still kickin' myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania