Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 08:14 AM

1,305 posts, read 2,623,261 times

Advertisements

Cant Rep you Gypsy, so here it is !!

Said it before, and will say it again, DCED /PEL dropped the ball by not commissioning a study of the citys tax structure and revamping it.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:55 PM

232 posts, read 347,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Since when does one person's post speak for "the people in Scranton"? And where is all this "happiness" of which you speak? And the Mayor wasn't mentioned until you did so.

Respect for your opinion diminishes when, with each post, your only point seems to be to disagree with Dan.

I'm not the argumentative type, and rarely do I enter the fray, because certain posters are perfectly capable of defending their points of view. (Notice I said "rarely" because there are a couple of instances where I have vigorously defended what I see as valid arguments.) In this case, you have let an emotional response interfere with a considered, educated rational response.

Yes, I'm off-topic. Just as you were. Getting back to it -

"The (mercantile) tax is the bane of business": A quote from one who is directly feeling the effects of that tax in this time of economic stress, and something that more than one poster has stated over my short tenure on this board. Oppressive taxation was one of the main causes of the American Revolution. In modern times, the revolt has manifested itself in a mass-exodus of businesses to less-restrictive venues like Dickson City and The Shoppes at Montage.

$.02

Great point, just because someone from Scranton post something doesn't mean that the whole city agrees with him.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWBFAN View Post
Great point, just because someone from Scranton post something doesn't mean that the whole city agrees with him.

Good point, and some that comment about Scranton have never lived here!!

Old 09-30-2010, 05:19 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Are you talking moi? One needn't live in a city to be sorry about the very clear cheering from some people of the demise of said city.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:40 AM

No Mags,

Not you, I enjoy your posts, they dont itch!!

Old 09-30-2010, 07:08 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
no mags,

not you, i enjoy your posts, they dont itch!!:d:d:d
lolol! :d

Old 09-30-2010, 08:31 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWBFAN View Post
Well where are all of the Scranton cheerleaders? I don't see too many on here, on Doherty Deceit, on the web site of the Times-Tribune, etc. Are the people who love Scranton all computer-illiterate?

Old 09-30-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Not you, I enjoy your posts, they dont itch!!
Snarky, snark, snark.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Good point, and some that comment about Scranton have never lived here!!
Want me to start a zillion threads about Pittston Township? "Come one, come all to see the magic of cul-de-sacs, vinyl siding, low-wage jobs, and parking lots?"

Old 09-30-2010, 08:46 PM

2 posts, read 2,028 times
Being employed with one of the former tenants on the corner of Adams & Mulbery - I needed to register.

The cause of the move of both the law office and Paper Magic to Moosic was not the city tax.

Both businesses moved because of the unbelieveable poor management of the building. There were days that there would be shut-off notices for utilities, leaks in the cieling, no air conditioning when it was 100 degrees out, no heat when it was freezing, and very often no toilet paper or paper towels in the rest rooms....

When complaints were made - they were ignored by the building owner. And for the offer to renovate the building to make it more modern - HA!! We couldn't get the carpets cleaned.....

In talking with everyone that works there - both offices tried to stay in the city. There wasn't a space downtown large enough to house PMG.

I also believe that the OBGYN office is planning on moving out when their lease is up. Not that anyone can blame them knowing the state of that building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania