Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 12:56 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,617,576 times

Advertisements

Coalman,
YGM

Old 10-21-2010, 11:18 PM

23,966 posts, read 32,289,435 times
I was, am and always will be against NAFTA.
But I do tink that people need to be realistic.
There are no more jobs that will pay even close to a living wage to heasa of households earning more than 50 k.
Just forgrtsbout this notion becuse none of them work.

What doed work - community servicec and a continurd education.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:17 AM

436 posts, read 952,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I was, am and always will be against NAFTA.
But I do tink that people need to be realistic.
There are no more jobs that will pay even close to a living wage to heasa of households earning more than 50 k.
Just forgrtsbout this notion becuse none of them work.

What doed work - community servicec and a continurd education.
I can't take anything you say seriously because you absolutely butcher and mangle the English language with spelling and grammatical errors.

NAFTA and other status-quo, so-called free-trade agreements have seriously hurt this country.

Continued education is a tremendous cash cow for colleges and universities. Higher education has become a two to four year financial bonanza for these institutions.

P.S. johnqpublic: Write-ins and third party support is quickly suppressed and rejected by the fascist election system we currently have. I participate and have a right to complain about one of the most ****ed up political systems in the world.

The US is arguably the most corrupt "FREE" country on the planet. It's a no wonder we face the issues we do.

How's that for being realistic and precise, sheena12 ? Is that what you were trying to get at ?

Old 10-22-2010, 07:07 AM

1,305 posts, read 2,617,576 times
P.S. johnqpublic: Write-ins and third party support is quickly suppressed and rejected by the fascist election system we currently have. I participate and have a right to complain about one of the most ****ed up political systems in the world.

I vote for people, and I vote AGAINST people, is it a perfect world? no, but at least I do my part, Vote a career politician out, and you have a good start. if his replacement doesnt work out, replace him after the first term,,, It may take a few years, bit the longest journey begins with the first step.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:27 PM

98 posts, read 189,391 times
nafta was almost a good idea.

international integration with canada and mexico. however it led to corporations dominating the mexican government (drug cartels too) way worse than our own currently is.

the jobs that left here were going to leave anyway, in about a decade or so its going to be impossible to get a job without a degree.

what we need is actual democracy, we need a new constitution as well. ours sucks, lets stop worshipping it. our founders did not like the common man and set up a system that was meant to serve the rich.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:07 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,940,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Personally I don't think we have any self-esteem issues at all in NEPA.

WE ARE JUST NOT LIKE THE PEOPLE YOU MOVED HERE TO GET AWAY FROM.
Wow, what is your deal, really? Do you just enjoy being antagonistic?
Or do you really view anyone who moved here recently ( more recently then you) as interlopers???

Old 10-22-2010, 09:11 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,940,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post

I vote for people, and I vote AGAINST people, is it a perfect world? no, but at least I do my part, Vote a career politician out, and you have a good start. if his replacement doesnt work out, replace him after the first term,,, It may take a few years, bit the longest journey begins with the first step.
BRAVO and ty!

Old 10-22-2010, 11:05 PM

23,966 posts, read 32,289,435 times
Flyernation your attack on my typing ability is unwarrented and rude.
I jave problems with vision.
I never learned keybord or typing so I need to see what I type.
I need to see the letters and I frequently make mistakes.
Never been a superior speller - but with the advent of spell-check - NOT on this computer - spelling is form and memorization. The content of what I wrote, seems to have been understood by you.
I wish that I could see as well as I did in my 20s or 30s.
I cannot.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:08 AM

18,763 posts, read 18,050,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterMadness View Post
nafta was almost a good idea.

international integration with canada and mexico. however it led to corporations dominating the mexican government (drug cartels too) way worse than our own currently is.

the jobs that left here were going to leave anyway, in about a decade or so its going to be impossible to get a job without a degree.

what we need is actual democracy, we need a new constitution as well. ours sucks, lets stop worshipping it. our founders did not like the common man and set up a system that was meant to serve the rich.

WinterMadness,

A democracy sounds good. However, at the rate we are going; in twenty or thirty years (or sooner) we will be a minority. We would like to picture the majority as being as fare and generous as we were - there are no guarantees. There are no guarantees that there will not be drug lords in power in the US - perhaps that is the problem now (that is another debate)?

I think that we need laws that we enforce. If we don’t enforce them; we should rewrite them or get rid of them.

I would be very happy to see credible third party candidates. In the past, either by design or stupidity; third parties have always had an albatross - either the candidates background or the wacko plank. It is almost like the major parties created the third party to claim we are a democracy.

Anyway; I will do my part (like johnqpublic) at voting against incumbents. I have one Representative that is on both the Republican ticket and Democratic ticket - I don’t vote for anybody that runs on both tickets (I think that should be against the law).

Perhaps we will have higher self esteem if we take our Country back!

Old 10-23-2010, 10:59 AM

13,253 posts, read 33,437,211 times
Closed for mod review.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania