Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 06:59 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times

Advertisements

I will tell you a story of what a Pennsylvania person is like.
I stood at the counter of my family Veterinarian....tears in my eyes ....as at that moment I was there to put my old, old dog to sleep.
Someone slowly pushed a box of tissues towards me as I quietly tried to say the words I had just professed on the phone a short time before.
Seeing a young boy with his mother next to me, I was a quiet, and aware to not cause my grief to show, as best be.
The receptionist was gracious and comforting........
As I was sitting down awaiting the Vet to call me, which did happen very quick.....bless him.
The lady with the young boy.......of who I hoped to spare knowing of the little doggies fate........
Turned to look at me and "mouthed".........."I'm so Sorry"......
To which, I could barely utter the words back of "thank you".......
This lady, though she will not ever know........is closely held in my heart.
And she is the quality of people.......who we live by and share ground with in our state of Pa.
I live here because of people like her.........
And the woman who carried my dog in her arms all wrapped up like a baby to us afterwards.
Just one example of the kindness, and concern of those who choose to abide here. A place we call home.................

Old 07-06-2007, 07:17 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,693,201 times
Summering, your beautiful story gave me goose bumps. Yes, those are the kinds of people you encounter in PA - and anywhere else people are brought up to be kind and considerate of others.

And yes, in my prior post I was addressing Forest and not you. You, Summering, my friend, are very much welcomed in PA and we're proud to call you one of us.

Old 07-07-2007, 05:25 AM

1 posts, read 2,160 times
Default Interesting

I am from the area you speak of. I moved there 4 months ago. I have 99% good things to say about the area. I have been accepted and treated very well through out the area. Yes, in Lehighton there are some bad areas to move into. Yes, there are rude people in every walk of life, including the people I met down south in N. and S. Carolina. It seems to me by your emphatic tone that YOUR attitude may be the problem. Try to walk in the shoes of somebody else BEFORE you judge them, not that we should judge anybody. And by the way, everybody I have met still have there teeth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest drive View Post
I am from north carolina and I have been to NJ and ny and have come in contact with a much a better quality of a folks.. Then again these are upscale areas.. We are talking about..

The folks from these two areas are back in time..With no get up to go to work very lazy... Just drinking and dealing drugs.. I;m not sure but the folks that I did see looked very much like locals..How you know is? Just look inside their mouth and you will find no teeth, and they eat junk..

I've never seen such a group of folks in my life that do not know anything about food.
The quality of the folks are not good,..

Those two places have a lot to learn..I really can only feel sorry for them, that they are in this small box and venture to no other places very small minded folks. You can only feel for them....what a shame... To live like that..

Old 07-07-2007, 11:26 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
Summering, your beautiful story gave me goose bumps. Yes, those are the kinds of people you encounter in PA - and anywhere else people are brought up to be kind and considerate of others.

And yes, in my prior post I was addressing Forest and not you. You, Summering, my friend, are very much welcomed in PA and we're proud to call you one of us.
Thank you Dawne, I wrote you something but, then realized that it was not a PM.......
She was a wonderful dog almost 15 years old.
And the people who were in the office were so comforting
Including the stranger who had taken the time to speak those words.
I come across the nicest people.
Even meeting 2 couples in SC ,from Albrightsville no less.........
Right on our same beach. Even then we all connected quite nicely........
And here they were right from my own area, so close.
Small, small world...........

Old 07-07-2007, 12:03 PM

393 posts, read 1,530,548 times
I've been to Jim Thorpe several times. I found the people to be' salt of the earth' genuine folks who didn't put on a show or have an elitist snob attitude like the OP.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:33 PM

307 posts, read 768,725 times
(op) It is Jim THORPE. I would like to say that perhaps the treatment you receive is a direct result of the attitude you seem to put out. I am not actually a local, although my Grandfather was born here, I am originally from L.I.N.Y But I have lived all over the world, my children were all born here and now my Grandchildren. I feel the people of NEPA are a wonderful group, kind and helpful, but very protective of those they care about. You may have offended a few locals with your rudeness. Try smiling, and saying hello. People here wave at almost everyone they see- so if you ignored any of these signs, the locals could very well feel that you are unfriendly, which would cause them to ignore you. Just be nice and have some manners.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:35 PM

307 posts, read 768,725 times
Oh I would like to add Jim Thorpe is one of the most beautiful towns I have been too, and as I have said before I have been all over the US anD the world.

Old 07-07-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest drive View Post
we lived in a Town called Lehighton and the folks were the rudest I have ever met. Not to say that allot of them have never left the area, and had allot to say about ever other state. Jim Trope is also a hole.. This place is going to stay the same forever..Don't move their..You will be very disappointed.
Before you make fun of people, you should take a reality check on yourself. You are a bit of an illiterate.

we...We

allot...a lot

Trope ...Thorpe

Don't move their.....Don't move there

north carolina...North Carolina

Old 07-07-2007, 04:09 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susquehannock View Post
Before you make fun of people, you should take a reality check on yourself. You are a bit of an illiterate.

we...We

allot...a lot

Trope ...Thorpe

Don't move their.....Don't move there

north carolina...North Carolina
I was chomping at the bit to point this one out! Would you expect any less from the brother of an English teacher? LOL!

Old 07-08-2007, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
I was chomping at the bit to point this one out! Would you expect any less from the brother of an English teacher? LOL!
Well SB, I've posting on message boards for almost ten years and that is the first time I've ever called someone on their writing. I'm certainly not the master of English and make more than my share of mis-spellings, typos, and grammar errors. But, when someone posts in such a pompous and condescending manner, I must respond and point out the hypocrisy.

Being a curmudgeon can be hell, but somebody has to do it!

Last edited by susquehannock; 07-08-2007 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: content
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania