Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 12:45 PM

14 posts, read 21,341 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. Just curious to know if any of you will be taking your kids out for Halloween and if there are any suggestions for places which are doing trick or treat indoors. Back in Florida one of the malls by us used to open late and the kids would go around the stores getting candy. Are there places in the area that do that?

Yes before anyone else says it.. I know probably some of you will not be taking your kids out because of all the gang related violence, rapes, shootings, kidnappings, drug deals, etc.. which will all be caused by us NY folks.. Ok so leaving that aside any suggestions for good places to take the kids? Indoors preferably.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 02:10 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbiesmom View Post
Hi everyone. Just curious to know if any of you will be taking your kids out for Halloween and if there are any suggestions for places which are doing trick or treat indoors. Back in Florida one of the malls by us used to open late and the kids would go around the stores getting candy. Are there places in the area that do that?

Yes before anyone else says it.. I know probably some of you will not be taking your kids out because of all the gang related violence, rapes, shootings, kidnappings, drug deals, etc.. which will all be caused by us NY folks.. Ok so leaving that aside any suggestions for good places to take the kids? Indoors preferably.
Dorney Park near Allentown does a thing. Plus you'll be safe there.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:28 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times
Why not take them door to door in the neighborhood? That's the only way to do it.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:48 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Why not take them door to door in the neighborhood? That's the only way to do it.
That's the best way i know of.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:19 PM

267 posts, read 765,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbiesmom View Post

Shoppes at Montage is having something on Saturday. Check their website.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:59 AM

I can't take him door to door because we can't have him outside in the cold weather. He was born premature and his lungs are very sensitive. We were considering not taking him out at all but we didnt want him to miss out on his first Halloween. Hopefully next year we will be able to take him out.

I will check the Shoppes at Montage and see what they have. I believe Dorney Park would be outside as well?

Old 10-29-2010, 06:21 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,526,609 times
cubbiesmom, Yes, Dorney Park is an amusement park so it's all outside. Doesn't really involve all that much candy. According to this site Lehigh Valley Mall: Trick-or-Treat Event (Oct 29) | Shopping in Philadelphia | MallsInPhilly.com (http://www.mallsinphilly.com/lehigh-valley-mall-trick-or-treat-oct-29/ - broken link) There's trick or treat at the Lehigh Valley mall tonight (Friday) but when I went to the malls website there is no mention of it, so I would definitely call before coming down. Where I live, in the Lehigh Valley, trick or treat is Friday night.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,616 times
so when is trick or treat in Wilkes Barre City? Is it on Sunday and what time?

Old 10-29-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
cubbiesmom, Yes, Dorney Park is an amusement park so it's all outside. Doesn't really involve all that much candy. According to this site Lehigh Valley Mall: Trick-or-Treat Event (Oct 29) | Shopping in Philadelphia | MallsInPhilly.com (http://www.mallsinphilly.com/lehigh-valley-mall-trick-or-treat-oct-29/ - broken link) There's trick or treat at the Lehigh Valley mall tonight (Friday) but when I went to the malls website there is no mention of it, so I would definitely call before coming down. Where I live, in the Lehigh Valley, trick or treat is Friday night.

Thank you! I will call and find out

Old 10-29-2010, 06:41 PM

539 posts, read 1,068,896 times
In light of all this, there was a post last year that refused to die that had mentioned there could be alternative dates for Halloween. This year, being on a Sunday, is that the day the kids will show up in Wilkes-Barre? We are prepared, my wife has the house all decked out with decorations, and she has made up over 50 bags of candies--- just wanted to be sure of the "designated date".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania