Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 10:23 PM

57 posts, read 262,084 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My family and I are considering relocation to this area of the Poconos. We were particularly interested in the Estates @ Great Bear, The Reserve @ Pond Creek, and Toll Bros. builders in general. Does anybody have an opinion regarding these communities or others like them?

Thanks,
PMMD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2007, 11:05 AM

31 posts, read 196,395 times
check the poconorecord.com about the toll company

Old 06-24-2007, 02:58 PM

422 posts, read 1,999,902 times
Toll brothers are in trouble --something with the permits.

BUY RESALE!!! Why cut down more trees?!?!?

Old 06-24-2007, 08:37 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,572,585 times
Default Seriously

Really, There are so, so, many homes that are new, hardly lived in.........in all sizes and shapes. No one needs to build a home up here.......if you sit with a realtor........and look at their books, booklets.........You will find exactly what you need. Maybe you will change a countertop, or do a floor to your liking.......but.......there are gorgeous homes on great land for sale.
I have not heard anything bad about the communites you mentioned. I do know of other not so good communities. Make sure to google and ask questions ..........don't leap to fast.
Believe me, there are homes in all prices, styles........ready and waiting for an owner.

Old 06-25-2007, 03:30 PM

641 posts, read 2,363,415 times
Its not worth it. new yorkers come down there and jack up the prices of everything so that the cost of living is outta wack. the poconos are overrated anyway...

Old 06-25-2007, 09:17 PM

32,603 posts, read 77,247,404 times
I agree with the others. There are hundreds upon hundreds of newer homes already available for resale in the Poconos; why tear down even more trees to build from the ground up? I was in East Stroudsburg today as a matter of fact for my newest photo tour (check it out!), and I was highly-impressed by the cleanliness and friendliness of the town itself. I noticed a number of well-kept homes for sale.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:56 AM

31 posts, read 196,395 times
I met with a building company this past weekend, I was very impressed with the professionalism and the time this company took to sit and explain every little detail. I feel like I'm in good hands.
If you PM me, I'll give you the name of the company and the telephone number.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmichaelmd View Post
Hello,
My family and I are considering relocation to this area of the Poconos. We were particularly interested in the Estates @ Great Bear, The Reserve @ Pond Creek, and Toll Bros. builders in general. Does anybody have an opinion regarding these communities or others like them?

Thanks,
PMMD
Toll brothers have been in the newspapers this week.......
Just for your information so you can look that up.
Plus, watch CC of the Poconos. Front pages have been that........
People only own the "footprint" under their homes. Seems there is some loopholes in the deeds. This information came out two years ago and is just being worked on now. Can you imagine just owning the footprint.
That means any way into your home is not yours......Your landscaping is not yours. When the ownership of the development changed hands.....it was possiable for the new management to ......change any property lines.
The entire story is mindboggling.
Be careful with whatever you do.....its so, so, important around here.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:45 AM

7 posts, read 31,110 times
If you haven't found a place yet, there are alot of beautiful homes in the Tobyhanna area. I am speaking of Pocono Farms Country Club. Do not go to A Pocono Country Place. Look on line under Keller Williams Realty, Jim Galligan. He has a number of good listings. Like the others said, there are alot of resale homes, some just a few years old, well kept, and all the landscaping and driveways are done. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmichaelmd View Post
Hello,

Thanks,
PMMD

Old 09-18-2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby1 View Post
If you haven't found a place yet, there are alot of beautiful homes in the Tobyhanna area. I am speaking of Pocono Farms Country Club. Do not go to A Pocono Country Place. Look on line under Keller Williams Realty, Jim Galligan. He has a number of good listings. Like the others said, there are alot of resale homes, some just a few years old, well kept, and all the landscaping and driveways are done. Good luck.
I love Pocono Farms........I think it is a really pretty place and has not gotten plagued with problems.
However one should look carefully at the water issue. I went there after a long winter, and much snow........in the month of April.......and found many, many homes were pumping out water from their crawl spaces/basements.
In this day and age of the worries on molds, I would have the lower areas of the home checked throughly for that issue.
I think they have a wonderful golf course, and great pool...
I hope they keep it as nice as it is now, and that it can stay a good community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania