Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:03 PM

996 posts, read 1,056,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeAye Native View Post
Knowing the veterans organizations in the valley, I'm sure those wackos masquerading as religious zealots will drowned out, out protested, and quietly blocked from any meaningful view of anything whatsoever. Either that or the vets organizations lost some of their mojo from years ago.
No mojo lost.

My 84 yr old step-father is all fired up and ready to kick some backside tomorrow if necessary..

He will be joining a couple hundred fellow WWII vets from area VFW posts to form a flag line to ensure these parasites do not even get within earshot of the church...

I wish I could make it tomorrow, but I believe the fallen soldier will be closely guarded by his comrades....

God Bless America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 09:21 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
I just learned this evening that he was the son of my former teacher and FBLA advisor at Pittston Area. He also leaves behind twin 9-year-old little girls. The fact that Westboro is going to try to make life miserable for them makes me even ANGRIER now! NOBODY screws with Tomato Town!

Old 11-17-2010, 06:50 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,819,046 times
I wanted to throw up when I heard a clip from an interview done with this "Reverend" Phelps wife on WILK from yesterday. She was claiming that this soldier is now in hell (as if she knows this soldier and knows how he was judged in God's eyes). Somehow I have a suspicion that these Westboro people will see hell before any troops killed in battle.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:22 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,780,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I wanted to throw up when I heard a clip from an interview done with this "Reverend" Phelps wife on WILK from yesterday. She was claiming that this soldier is now in hell (as if she knows this soldier and knows how he was judged in God's eyes). Somehow I have a suspicion that these Westboro people will see hell before any troops killed in battle.
OMG, that's so sick and evil. I just saw a news clip and there are already lots of people lined up. These sickos won't get near the place, i hope not anyway. Really makes me sad that they would do this.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:07 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,780,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I am so disgusted by this. I think this is one thing EVERYONE can agree on - this "church" is the epitome of immorality.
I googled them and went to their site, they're just plain evil.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:47 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
I guess they didn't show up? Lucky them, I'm pretty sure there would have been some violence had they been here.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:27 PM

24,109 posts, read 32,460,014 times
WOW That is really amazing! They really never showed up? I can't believe it! This bunch is so dedicated to their crazy causes that they almost never do not show up.
I am glad there was no violence! They are very good at provocing violence then playing the victim -
and later suing the people who they tormented..

Old 11-17-2010, 02:38 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
I'd be afraid of thousands of angry Pittstonians, too!

Old 11-17-2010, 05:20 PM

24,109 posts, read 32,460,014 times
You are right NYRangers! This group - I will not even dignify them by calling them a "church" - is so far away from anything preached or taught by Jesus - yet they do portray all Christians in a negative fashion.

And alas, these are the folks who get the press! Not the Christians who give food to the homeless, who help the victims of hurricanes and other natural disasters, who advocate for the adoption of children, help for the widows and orphans or provide vacation bible schools and youth groups.

These people steal the spot light through their nefarious deeds.
I pray that there are no altercations today - or any activities that detract from the memorial service of this young man.
They have no love or respect for anyone.
Please sign the petition to revoke their tax exempt status as a church.
They are using the very country that they profess to hate.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:51 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,453,539 times
We can put our signatures where our mouths are...

Maybe if they have to work for a living instead of doing this crap, they won't have as much time on their hands....

Revoke Westboro Baptist Church's tax-exempt status IMMEDIATELY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania