U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 03:54 PM

13,320 posts, read 20,163,327 times

Advertisements

NEPA......Can we believe it. Christmas is in the air. We only have five little days to go.
What are your plans? Everyone will be coming to my house probably about noon.
Do you have your shopping done? What favorite stores did you shop at?
I hope to attend the Christmas Eve service locally. The next day will be full of cooking, and music and good company.
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas right now........because things will get hectic very, very, soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 04:04 PM

525 posts, read 908,751 times
We've already put out lights on our house over a week ago, despite the cold weather, no snow on the ground. Some may consider us lucky, but maybe there will be some on Christmas. Don't have any relatives near, but my wife & I decided on seafood, just us & our 4 cats. We will have a sampling of a bit of everything (not eels though), and a couple kinds of dessert too. We both should have a nice long weekend.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:08 PM

510 posts, read 937,868 times
Daughter going with her dad to visit Grandpop in Arizona so we are...Punta Cana bound! Yeah, ba-by!

Old 12-19-2010, 04:35 PM

224 posts, read 177,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DE_NePA View Post
Daughter going with her dad to visit Grandpop in Arizona so we are...Punta Cana bound! Yeah, ba-by!
Punta Cana in the 'D.R,'? you GO!!!

Wife and I are leaving to our property in Rincon, Puerto Rico on the 26th ...after all the grandkids/ninos open their presents on Christmas Day...

On a clear day we can see the Dominican Republic from our segundo piso..

Feliz Navidad

Old 12-19-2010, 04:49 PM

Hey, was there a special to Punta Cana I didn't hear about?
Everyone takin' off for sunshine and swimming.........
Wonderful, wonderful.......you lucky ducks. Or I should say lucky coalboy and de-NEPA!!

Old 12-19-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank754 View Post
We've already put out lights on our house over a week ago, despite the cold weather, no snow on the ground. Some may consider us lucky, but maybe there will be some on Christmas. Don't have any relatives near, but my wife & I decided on seafood, just us & our 4 cats. We will have a sampling of a bit of everything (not eels though), and a couple kinds of dessert too. We both should have a nice long weekend.
That's very nice frank....Are you sharing that seafood with the cats?
They will be under your feet waiting.
When it gets full of noise around here, we might be at your doorstep for that quiet time.

Old 12-19-2010, 05:07 PM

30,259 posts, read 67,427,470 times
I'll be spending my Christmas walking all around the city wishing "Merry Christmas" to everyone.

Old 12-19-2010, 05:32 PM

224 posts, read 177,052 times
Christmas is coming,
The Goose is getting fat,
Varmint Blaster is ready to put some lead
In the poor goose's A##

just kiddin' podnah,

I have to pm you a story about how I lured a poor Canada Goose from my College's lake with breadcrumbs and it ended up up my girlfriends Christmas Dinner table.

Old 12-19-2010, 05:53 PM

525 posts, read 908,751 times
I'm sure our cats will chime in, MEOW, and we got them a new scratcher for Christmas, from Bed Bath & Beyond for $20, it has emery board and is supposed to wear down their claws, better than tearing up the couches, lol.
If anyone wants to drop by, feel free, before dark.
I do hope it does snow, we had a lot of snow in NC last year, in fact in Asheville they have had worse weather than us so far. Last year was rough too. I was lucky enough to visit Puerto Rico twice, on business, the second time when my wife & I were just dating (about 8 years ago), so that was a lot of fun. She's from Virginia, and it will be her first winter here.
I'm glad enough to stay here this winter. I lived in upstate NY in the 80's near Norwich and was produce manager for A&P (now gone), and remember on occasion having to pull the grocery carts in from the lot in a foot of snow.
So let's see what the winter brings, and am glad to be back in the area after a 14 year absence.

Old 12-19-2010, 05:55 PM

510 posts, read 937,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coalboy View Post
Punta Cana in the 'D.R,'? you GO!!!

Wife and I are leaving to our property in Rincon, Puerto Rico on the 26th ...after all the grandkids/ninos open their presents on Christmas Day...

On a clear day we can see the Dominican Republic from our segundo piso..

Feliz Navidad
Well, we'll have to pop over for lunch! ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania