Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 04:57 AM

513 posts, read 1,079,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
This supposed to be an insult? LOL Playground antics?
Thecoalman: Calling you Coalboy was a simple mistake, there is a member hear named Coalboy, and I mixed your names up. Nothing more.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:30 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,823 times
sigh!...................

Old 01-06-2011, 04:14 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,511,274 times
I think this is a good time to put this topic to bed.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:01 AM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Default Where is All of this HATRED coming from?

Does anyone else think that some of the rhetoric espoused on this forum is a bit over the top?

I am hearing that the state in which I have just invested is ruined. It has been, according to this poster; ruined by people from NY and NJ!

This is strange because the person who posted this is a transplant.

And really who decides who is a "low Life" and who is not?
I must say that in my experience people who know and use that term, are really near to what they attempt to convey by their own description

Are you talking about the permanent underclass that is an unfortunate part of the U.S. social landscape? Or of people who are of a different race?

Does everyone here who posts such negative comments WANT their property values to go down?

If so all of you are doing a really good job of scaring off people who could actually add something to MY COMMUNITY!!

Old 01-12-2011, 02:18 AM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Who exactly is creating the drama?

I am responding to the nasty and vitriolic tirades of some people on this forum.

I have no complaints about NEPA.

Have met only kind and welcoming people here in real life.

This sub- forum sadly remains the exception to the rule.

When there is so much hatred expressed, fear is always present. That is from the bible.

Is that a PC book? Well it is one that I read every day. Do you?

Perhaps you should shut off Rush and listen to what God has to say.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:36 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,101,418 times
Sheena, you have to remember that this is the Internet. People are far nastier and over-the-top than they are in real life. The anonymity that the Internet provides allows people to voice opinions that they otherwise wouldn't voice, and in many cases probably don't fully agree with themselves. Racism, sexism, political statements about opposing viewpoints, and other incendiary statements or attitudes are easy to express when no one can put a face to one's name. Therefore, people are going to express views that are an embelllishment of what they may represent in real life. Don't let them get to you and take them with a grain of salt -- most of the people who express such hatred aren't worth your time anyway.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:03 AM

996 posts, read 1,056,478 times
Sheena:

I am glad that you are happy with the new chapter of your life that has begun as a resident of NEPA.

But, I don't understand why you feel the need to start these kind of threads that basically attack other people that have opposing viewpoints about the area.

They have a right to their opinion, whether or not it agrees with you.

I have no dog in this fight, but it does appear that you are trying to control the content posted on this forum, otherwise you would not start these gripe threads.

If you don't like a topic, ignore them.

p.s. - as an agnostic, I don't read the Bible. I gave up reading man-made cartoon books when I turned 12 and stopped reading the Johnny Quest Adventure Series.

Perhaps you should lump the Bible & Rush Limbaugh together - they both try their best to brainwash the faithful unwashed masses that follow them.

VB

Old 01-12-2011, 05:45 AM

177 posts, read 466,771 times
It is what it is, and you are never going to change it or get an answer that satifies you, Sheena. Why not put your energy into something else that you can influence and where you can effect change. You're spinning your wheels here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania