Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 04:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,819 times

Advertisements

My Fiance and I are planning on building a home in the very near future and are very torn between what we have heard about some of the post in regards to the negative response with Ryan Homes. Is there someone out there that has had a positive experience that would be able to assist us in making the decision? We are looking at the NAPLES model and it would really help if someone could give any insight good or bad with dealing with Ryan Homes. thanks so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 05:49 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,140,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenerney View Post
My Fiance and I are planning on building a home in the very near future and are very torn between what we have heard about some of the post in regards to the negative response with Ryan Homes. Is there someone out there that has had a positive experience that would be able to assist us in making the decision? We are looking at the NAPLES model and it would really help if someone could give any insight good or bad with dealing with Ryan Homes. thanks so much

Why build when there are so many DEALS out there at 50% the cost of building..

Save the money , All the builders now are hurting, So expect shoddy work cause as the Old saying Goes ,, ''You get what you pay for '' .. Most Builders Sub out everything to the lowest bidder

Last edited by Riverside4ever; 01-08-2011 at 06:10 PM..

Old 01-08-2011, 06:08 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,144,310 times
What Riverside4ever suggests is your best bet...there are some awesome deals out there if your willing to do the hunting which won't require much effort on your part...they're out there and the cash you save can be used to customize the home to your liking and you'll still come out ahead!!

Old 01-11-2011, 05:48 PM

936 posts, read 2,397,850 times
I have to disagree. I know a great builder, modular, if you are interested. I had my modular built with them and they also added a four season room stick built and I love my home. When I built in 2008 it cost more than it does now, but not because of shoddy work, its because of the economy!! If you want information about the builder please PM me and I will give you all the information you need.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:55 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,140,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
I have to disagree. I know a great builder, modular, if you are interested. I had my modular built with them and they also added a four season room stick built and I love my home. When I built in 2008 it cost more than it does now, but not because of shoddy work, its because of the economy!! If you want information about the builder please PM me and I will give you all the information you need.

ANY new house you build today Modular or stick built will be worth a whole lot less then what you pay for it. Within 1 day of you moving in

Disagree all you want .. Its a FACT ...

Old 01-12-2011, 07:01 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,144,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
I have to disagree.
How can someone disagree with logic?? There are tons of homes being offered for sale on the market right now that were once worth 50% or more the asking price now...so how is that a bad deal?? I guess some people still have money to burn even in a real estate buyer's market!!

Old 01-12-2011, 07:20 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
How can someone disagree with logic?? There are tons of homes being offered for sale on the market right now that were once worth 50% or more the asking price now...so how is that a bad deal?? I guess some people still have money to burn even in a real estate buyer's market!!
it might not make financial sense to build right now but some people just want to build their own house and there's nothing wrong with that. they want it to be their "dream" home and they want it just perfect the way they design it. i can't knock that. i've heard of Ryan Homes down here in berks, and montgomery counties. i haven't heard anything bad in fact i like their homes.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:53 AM

7 posts, read 8,449 times
Default Ryan Homes

I am also building a Ryan home currently and agree with the building of your dream home. I looked at a few houses and I built mine for the same price as the few I looked at except I got to pick EVERYTHING I wanted in my home compared to moving into what someone else picked! My brother has a Ryan home and loves it and said it was a great experience! Good Luck!!! I am building a Victoria Falls.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:11 PM

76 posts, read 230,615 times
It's actually a great time to build. The cost of materials is down (because demand is down and supplies are high.) Builders don't have a lot of work; they will concentrate on your construction instead of running between projects and subbing out large chunks of the job. I built a home last year and did it for about 15% less than a friend who built a very comparable home a couple of years earlier. My builder did a beautiful, problem-free job that was finished ahead of schedule and on budget. No right or wrong here....buying an existing home certainly has its advantages...but I'm happy I built one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania