Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 05:45 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times

Advertisements

"Blue Valentine", an independent film shot in part in Honesdale, Scranton, and Carbondale, opens tonight at the Cinemark in Moosic.

The film depicts a working class married PA couple and their attempt to revive the excitement and passion in their marriage. I am not sure if this qualifies as a feel good flick, but it sounds good to me!

The film was featured at the Cannes Film Festival, where it was called a "standout" and the Toronto Film Festival, among others.

Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling have been nominated for Academy Awards.

I am looking forward to seeing it!. I realy gravitate towards non block buster type films and the timing of this film's release could not be better for me.

My NEPA Honeymoon continues!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 07:07 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Very cool... just added to my Netflix queue. I never get out to see a movie, but I always love good movie recs!

Old 01-28-2011, 07:43 PM

996 posts, read 1,057,074 times
speaking of movies - when is that Paul Corvino (spelling) joker going to either produce a movie or ante up the major investment provided by Scranton officials to make a film based in Scranton.

maybe Mike Munchak misplaced his director's hat.

Sheena - I am going to see a movie in a "movie theatre" early next week to see True Grit. It will be my first time in a theatre in close to 20 years - and it will be mid-afternoon matinee so i can avoid the muddled masses married to their iphones...

Old 01-28-2011, 07:53 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,144,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintblaster View Post
speaking of movies - when is that Paul Corvino (spelling) joker going to either produce a movie or ante up the major investment provided by Scranton officials to make a film based in Scranton
I was wondering the same thing...supposedly he spends a lot of time up in Scranton at some coffee shop...

Old 01-28-2011, 08:25 PM

Varmintblaster, "True Grit" sounds good to me! I read the novel in my early teens, but I was a bit disappointed in the first movie. This one is directed and produced by the Coen Brothers - they have made some wonderful films IMHO - "Fargo" "Raising Arizona" "The Big Lebowski" and " A Serious Man"

GENIUSES - in my book!

Old 01-28-2011, 08:53 PM

Sheena - I am a fan of Jeff Bridges - great actor - the Big Lebowski is probably in my top 5 all time favorites list ..

The Dude Abides.... LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!

So many great scenes in that flick - I loved when he smashed the car when he dropped the roach in his lap...

Old 01-28-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
I was wondering the same thing...supposedly he spends a lot of time up in Scranton at some coffee shop...
Tony Soprano hung around coffee shops quite a bit too.

Paul Corvino is no Tony Soprano..

My bet is that if you close your eyes you will see the present & future value of the Scranton taxpayer's investment in Mr. Corvino's efforts...

Old 01-28-2011, 09:43 PM

"The Big Lebowski" rocks!

Old 01-28-2011, 09:43 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,144,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintblaster View Post
Tony Soprano hung around coffee shops quite a bit too.

Paul Corvino is no Tony Soprano..

My bet is that if you close your eyes you will see the present & future value of the Scranton taxpayer's investment in Mr. Corvino's efforts...
Well I closed my eyes and I don't see anything..... His daughter lives somewhere in the Saylorsburg/Brodheadsville area where I live also...don't know where but the vet's office in town on old Rt. 115 has a signed picture from him thanking them for taking care of one of his dogs. His daughter was in the Pocono Wreckerd one time for someone dumping dirt or trash on her property illegally...her name is Mira Sorvino

Old 01-28-2011, 09:44 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,176 times
It's Paul Sorvino
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania