U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 06:09 AM

1,177 posts, read 1,872,241 times

Advertisements

So how much did we get up there near Wallenpaupack? We got a good foot down home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
So how much did we get up there near Wallenpaupack? We got a good foot down home.
none of my home away from home homies have the info?

Old 01-28-2011, 09:46 PM

17,520 posts, read 21,695,724 times
Ummm lots more? That's my guess.
If you can't take snow stay out of NEPA.
On the other hand, vacations are good for the soul.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:27 AM

450 posts, read 1,154,590 times
pkrplr1,
I usually check Accuweather.com for snowfall totals. It's a little obscure how to find the info...plug in your PA zip code. Click on today's weather. Scroll down to Temperature History and you'll see in small blue writing "More Historical data". Click on that link and you'll see the month's data. I have found it somewhat accurate and helpful when deciding whether or not to have the driveway plowed or not. I don't mind the snow at all; I just want to be able to pull into my driveway and garage! Thinking of investing in a good snowblower for next year. I figure it will pay for itself since we'll "plow" ourselves out.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldginpa View Post
pkrplr1,
I usually check Accuweather.com for snowfall totals. It's a little obscure how to find the info...plug in your PA zip code. Click on today's weather. Scroll down to Temperature History and you'll see in small blue writing "More Historical data". Click on that link and you'll see the month's data. I have found it somewhat accurate and helpful when deciding whether or not to have the driveway plowed or not. I don't mind the snow at all; I just want to be able to pull into my driveway and garage! Thinking of investing in a good snowblower for next year. I figure it will pay for itself since we'll "plow" ourselves out.
ok ok here. i know how to check the weather. i usually talk to one or two people from the area so i thought i'd ask. we just got a fresh 16 inches at my house and i understand NEPA got less. i just thought i'd ask and find out just how much less. hell i even got to work on time after clearing out the fresh foot and a half. so now i'm gonna take a drive and clean up whatever amount the cabin got. effiing moron. can't take the snow? now i know why others get irritated with some of these simpletons

Old 01-30-2011, 01:13 PM

450 posts, read 1,154,590 times
Now I know why I want to get out of NY ASAP!!!....because of idiots like you. Just trying to be helpful and that's what I get!

Old 01-30-2011, 06:05 PM

996 posts, read 800,690 times
Why are the NEPA prevailing winds usually NE or E?

Because both NY and NJ suck...

Old 01-30-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintblaster View Post
why are the nepa prevailing winds usually ne or e?

Because both ny and nj suck...
lol

Old 01-30-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldginpa View Post
Now I know why I want to get out of NY ASAP!!!....because of idiots like you. Just trying to be helpful and that's what I get!
honey i've lived in pa my whole life and about 45 minutes southwest of NEPA. my remarks were more toward the lady from NY talking to me condescendingly and suggesting i can't handle snow and may in fact need a vacation. maybe NEPA isn't for me?

i just got back and it looks like we got maybe 5 or 6 inches in wayne county which is 13 inches less than we got down here. snow doesn't faze me any more than any other average joe who's lived in pa for 49 years.

meanwhile i'm up there in the supermarkets and i get to have the likes of her and her NY personality and attitude (which grates on anyone from the other 49 states) jam up the isles. they stand in the isle ignorant as can be not moving for other shoppers and talking with that crappy accent which is worse than nails down a chalkboard. and they wonder why local people hate transplants...

then you give me step by step directions on how to check the weather. i've got the wheather channel bookmarked and i know how to use it just fine. like i said i talk to one or two people who live near where my cabin is and i was hoping for a quick non-detailed answer. i should have DM'd one of them so it's my fault. i thought you were being sarcastic along with the other lady from NY. if you re-read the thread maybe you'll get why i acted like a jagoff. my sincere apologies.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:15 PM

996 posts, read 800,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
meanwhile i'm up there in the supermarkets and i get to have the likes of her and her NY personality and attitude (which grates on anyone from the other 49 states) jam up the isles. they stand in the isle ignorant as can be not moving for other shoppers and talking with that crappy accent which is worse than nails down a chalkboard. and they wonder why local people hate transplants...
LMAO ..

I shop at Aheart's Food Market at Blakeslee Corners now & then.
I always go early in the am to avoid the "beautiful people".

One day, not too long ago, I was trying to get through the aisle, but Mr. Joe Joisey had the aisle blocked with his big butt and big head and shopping cart while he chatted on his cell phone - asking whether he should buy a 12oz or 16oz can of beans !!

I stood there for a minute, JJ gives me a look like I am the problem trying to get through, and turns around ignoring me.

5 seconds later my cart rolls into the back of JJ's legs, he lowers his phone and turns to me..

I told him that I usually say excuse me when I bump into someone, but in his case it is - make a management decision - get the big can of beans- get your FAT *** out of my way.

Something tells me that JJ may have been the same NJ nitwit that almost ate the rear bumper on my work truck when I applied the brakes a bit heavy one day on I80 when JJ was tailgating me with that darn phone glued to the side of his BIG JOISEY HEAD,,,

Thanks Goodness the Bulk of them stay west of the Pa Turnpike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania