Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 10:39 AM

224 posts, read 227,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintblaster View Post
btw - I saw the True Grit Movie yesterday..

2 thumbs up - Jeff Bridges did a great job, so did Matt Damen. That young girl was outstanding - I hear she may be nominated for best supporting actress in the Oscar race.

Best part was that it was only 1.5 hrs long, and we attended the afternoon matinee without the crowds.

I got my fill of the movie theaters till 2020...
Since I'm retired I usually do matinees on weekdays...
It has it's good points, you get your choice of good seats, it's cheaper, no big wait for popcorn, a close parking spot if it's
b*tchin outside...

On the downside there could be a gaggle of semi-deaf loud, talking seniors saying things like,
'What did he sayyyy,? I couldn't hear 'im....'

Once I went to see 'Blackhawk Down' with some 'buds' on a day off from work...

A bus dropped off a whole passel of ' mentally challenged' residents from a local State Training School and they talked out and yelped through the whole movie,
there were only two chaperones and about 20 residents of the center...

I went down to them and put my finger to my lips and said 'SSSSHHHHHH!"

They all stopped jabbering for a mo', and then all turned around and Aped me with their fingers to their lips...this BIG, long, loud, sloppy, wet, SSSSHHHHHHHH!
Then they all started laughing like Hyenas.

This one guy just kept yelling out 'BLOP' every 2 minutes or so.

I felt like I was in a Fellini Movie, only things missing were the Dwarfs and Donkeys......

Last edited by coalboy; 02-02-2011 at 10:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 11:14 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,075,536 times
Quote:
Do any of these Artsy Farsty Indie Movies filmed in NEPA have French sub-titles?

I always wanted to see how "HEYNA or No" was spelled in French....

Hyène et non

Old 02-02-2011, 11:23 AM

224 posts, read 227,299 times
Quote:

I got my fill of the movie theaters till 2020...
I think that 2020 is the projected release year for Rocky 33.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:05 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,920,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
hyène et non
lol

Old 02-02-2011, 04:45 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,235,101 times
Quote:
Wow great research, google is so awesome. Still doesn't mean anything.

Here are some sites for demolition derby results..

Demolition Derby @ Derbypro.com. The International Demolition Derby Association Welcomes You!

2010 Demo Derby Results

2010 Demo Derby Results (http://www.millelacscountyfair.com/demoresults2010.html - broken link)

I could go into go-cart results, but that is even more obscure then the indie films and demo derby together...LOL

Many movies have received accolades across the board, but I guess what really determines whether or not a movie is a success is whether or not the public likes it and not the critics. Since the public are the ones that pay to see it or not....

Blah blah blah.

Determining if a movie is successful is one thing, determining if it is good is quite different.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:15 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,075,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Blah blah blah.

Determining if a movie is successful is one thing, determining if it is good is quite different.
And its subjective to the individual so there for its really irrelevant whether or you or anybody else besides the individual watching it likes it or not.....

Old 02-02-2011, 05:38 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,235,101 times
Quote:
And its subjective to the individual so there for its really irrelevant whether or you or anybody else besides the individual watching it likes it or not.....

Which is completely different than what you insinuated in your first post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania