Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 07:33 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,951,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
mmmmm...Krispy Kreme......nothing like seeing the "Hot Doughnuts Now" sign lit up!
While I do like KK and especially enjoy the sign, does anyone know where I can get a good old fashion Kreller with sugar?????? I need a fix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
It didn't go over my head. I just commented that the guy was an idiot. Trust me, I have no problem with free press. I'd better not, or I'd be out of a job!
Good to know! Have a good day! Did you see the Forbes article on the 20 most miserable cities in the US? Very quick and interesting read! No, Scranton was not on the list , too small a pop.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:11 AM

1,294 posts, read 3,252,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
While I do like KK and especially enjoy the sign, does anyone know where I can get a good old fashion Kreller with sugar?????? I need a fix.
Really, Krispy Kreme? Of all the local, mom/pop donut shops in the area, why would anyone pick the McDonalds of the donut industry over those places? Heck give me Dunkin or Curry Donuts or 20 other places anyday.

BTW I agree bloom, I love krellers and they are hard to find.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:44 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,814,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp2007 View Post
Really, Krispy Kreme? Of all the local, mom/pop donut shops in the area, why would anyone pick the McDonalds of the donut industry over those places? Heck give me Dunkin or Curry Donuts or 20 other places anyday.

I don't really know of many mom-and-pop donut places....seems pretty much all donut shops are chains....Dunkin Donuts, KK, Curry, etc. Curry Donuts are lousy, in my opinion. Dunkin is good, but I think KK is better. And I would say Dunkin is closer to being the McD's of the donut industry over KK....Krispy Kreme only has 2 stores in the entire region, while it seems Dunkin is on every other corner.

Nothing like a hot out of the oven KK glazed.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:29 AM

1,245 posts, read 3,181,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
krispy kreme?
yup, I love them. down home, we only had them in grocery or convenience stores, and they were close to being nasty in that form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp2007 View Post

Could you name a Mom and Pop place? I know there is a bakery over on river st in WB, that makes good doughnuts, but they are kind of expensive. Curry is not a mom and pop store they are a chain with locations all over, they were even down around Philly. Not sure if they are in other states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I don't really know of many mom-and-pop donut places....seems pretty much all donut shops are chains....Dunkin Donuts, KK, Curry, etc. Curry Donuts are lousy, in my opinion. Dunkin is good, but I think KK is better. And I would say Dunkin is closer to being the McD's of the donut industry over KK....Krispy Kreme only has 2 stores in the entire region, while it seems Dunkin is on every other corner.

Nothing like a hot out of the oven KK glazed.
I agree. They had a KK in Philly but it closed many years ago. I think the two in NEPA are the only two in the entire eastern part of the state.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
If what I think is a kreller donut is correct, I have seen them on occasion at Redner's.
Not sure if you have a Redner's near you.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:06 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Is it really loud in here?

Anywho, thanks for posting GP! I love snarkiness!

Old 02-09-2011, 11:11 AM

1,294 posts, read 3,252,641 times
True most of the mom and pop places I know have gone out of business or had a fire (weird coincidence?). I am out west now and they have tons of KK and no DD or Curry anywhere. I wasn't implying that DD or Curry were not chains, just that I prefer those chains to Krispy. Seems to me Krispy is all over the place and closest Dunkin is in Denver or something.

Sad to think a lot of the mom/pop places are gone now. Oh well.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:28 PM

I am a NY by birth and attitude, so KK is new to me. Sorry if that got your knickers in a twist. A Kreller is not a donut, it is a bit of deep fried long dough with sugar on the outside, or powdered sugar, and a few other varieties.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I am a NY by birth and attitude, so KK is new to me. Sorry if that got your knickers in a twist. A Kreller is not a donut, it is a bit of deep fried long dough with sugar on the outside, or powdered sugar, and a few other varieties.
You didn't get my knickers in a twist.

Is this what you mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania