Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 10:41 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,964,461 times

Advertisements

A V10 engine? What a waste, considering we live in the age of $3.00+ a gallon gas. I have better things to spend my money on. I'll stick with my 4 cylinder getting 38 mpg.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:01 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,403 times
Me too conorsdad. To buy a gas guzzler like that in this day and age is crazy. Vehicles like that are why we are so reliant of fuel.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:12 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
Me too conorsdad. To buy a gas guzzler like that in this day and age is crazy. Vehicles like that are why we are so reliant of fuel.
Just be glad that Dan isn't around anymore. The last time I made a comment about "gas guzzlers" increasing our nation's dependency upon foreign oil he slammed me into the ground for it with all sorts of negative remarks because I believe he himself drives a pick-up.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
Just be glad that Dan isn't around anymore. The last time I made a comment about "gas guzzlers" increasing our nation's dependency upon foreign oil he slammed me into the ground for it with all sorts of negative remarks because I believe he himself drives a pick-up.
I have nothing against people driving pickups and other trucks and bigger vehicles who have a legitimate use for them, but what burns me up are the big gas guzzling SUV's doing nothing but hauling one or two people to the mall and most carrying nothing but a few shopping bags. Or the people I see driving down 81 in their big Ford Expedition or (insert monster SUV here) to work carrying one person. The same things can be accomplished with a more fuel-efficient vehicle.

Old 12-20-2007, 01:13 PM

511 posts, read 1,936,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conorsdad View Post
A V10 engine? What a waste, considering we live in the age of $3.00+ a gallon gas. I have better things to spend my money on. I'll stick with my 4 cylinder getting 38 mpg.
You obviously know nothing about Volkswagen engines. TDI, Turbo Diesel Injection engines, are known to be the most reliable and fuel efficient engines in the world. For an SUV with that big of an engine, it's numbers are astounding. 310 HP and 20mpg is better than many/most suv's with smaller V8 engines.

Enjoy driving your Honda with it's plastic interrior and boring ride characteristics.

Old 12-20-2007, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwscottie View Post

Enjoy driving your Honda with it's plastic interrior and boring ride characteristics.
More reliable than a VW anyday. Anyways, I'm secure enough in my manhood that I don't need a fast/flashy/expensive vehicle to make up for any shortcomings. I prefer reliability and fuel efficiency. Cars are to get from point A to point B as far as I'm concerned.

Old 12-20-2007, 01:56 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Cars are to get from point A to point B as far as I'm concerned.
...unless you live in the Abingtons, where they become a status symbol...

Old 12-20-2007, 02:42 PM

511 posts, read 1,936,627 times
Quote:
More reliable than a VW anyday. Anyways, I'm secure enough in my manhood that I don't need a fast/flashy/expensive vehicle to make up for any shortcomings. I prefer reliability and fuel efficiency. Cars are to get from point A to point B as far as I'm concerned.
LOL, well I'm pretty secure in my manhood too, Mac Daddy. You have fun getting from point a to point b, I'll just have a little more fun than you do, and get that same, if not better, fuel efficiency and reliability.

Honda Accord, most stolen car in the United States for over fifteen years

VW MKV GTI, last years Automobile magazines car of the year and a top ten of this year. 2.0T FSI engine, world engine of the year three years in a row. 1.8T, one of the ten most reliable engines of all time.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:47 PM

1,251 posts, read 3,311,211 times
At this point in time, I'll take my paid for small boring pickup getting 18-20 MPG and drive it blandly back and forth to work over a newer, more fuel efficient car, the monthly payments, and full coverage. Makes more financial sense to me. Someone else can hug the tree.

And if you ever need a place to park that vee-dub, just roll back my tonneau and lift it into the bed. I have bungees if it gets windy.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:34 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,403 times
Yeah, VW's aren't exactly known for their reliabilty. I owned a Cabrio and something was wrong with the electrical system. My sister has owned 2 Jetta's and had a lot of problems with them. My girlfriend has a New Beetle and she has had her share of problems with that. I'll stick to my boring Hyundai, with no problems, over a flashier VW anyday. Like conorsdad said, cars are meant to get to from point A to point B. I don't need to show off with expensive cars or acessories to make myself feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania