U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 12:20 AM

558 posts, read 388,649 times

Advertisements

Hello --

I'd like to take out a family member for a nice Sunday breakfast or brunch. I would be open to any suggestions, from fancy to fun, somewhere in the Scranton/WB area. I tried consulting UrbanSpoon but the only place that looked like fun was Glider Diner. Any help appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 05:43 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,548,096 times
Go to the Train Station on Lackawanna Ave. in Scranton for a awesome Sunday brunch, you will not be disappointed!!

Old 03-16-2011, 12:22 PM

129 posts, read 236,978 times
Patsels is very popular for brunch. I haven't been, but everyone raves about it.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:02 PM

11,118 posts, read 9,834,853 times
Patzel"s is excellent! I have only been there once, on the recommendation of a forum member. Last Thanksgiving we had just moved into our new house. The stove that the seller left was non-functional, and no, by non-functional I do not mean that is was not stainless steel ( although it was rusted and Harvest gold) ;-) I man that one burner worked and the oven was at best temperamental.
So we decided to eat out. The food, service and ambiance were superb!

I have not found many places in the Wilkes-Barre area that offer brunch as we knew it back in NY.
(and to head off any "go back to NY comments", why would I want to return to a place that I do not miss At all, over the custom of brunch? It is only NORMAL, for new arrivals to compare where they left to the place that they currently live, it's called "human nature" not "buyer's remorse")
There was a place we went to that was decent in West Pittston.

However I have not found anything right in or on the outskirts of, Wilkes-Barre.
Any suggestions?

Old 03-16-2011, 02:10 PM

633 posts, read 340,506 times
Default brunch

Patsel's brunch is great!
Carmen's in the Radisson is better
Wildflower's in the Best Western in Wilkes-Barre is also great.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:50 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,957,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
Go to the Train Station on Lackawanna Ave. in Scranton for a awesome Sunday brunch, you will not be disappointed!!
I concur. Carmens in The Radisson can't be beat for Sunday brunch.

Carmens Restaurant & Wine Bar | Radisson Hotel Scranton PA

However, if you prefer to take a more low brow approach, and see an interesting cross section of the Wyoming Valley, you could always do the breakfast buffet at Old Country buffet. It's cheap, and the food tastes like the crap served on a Carnival Cruise, but the people watching is fun.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:02 PM

109 posts, read 140,278 times
If you want a cheap but good sunday brunch. Check out Kay's (sp) diner in Moscow, right off 307. Small diner with great food for a price that can't be beat.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:35 AM

7,939 posts, read 9,730,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
I concur. Carmens in The Radisson can't be beat for Sunday brunch.

Carmens Restaurant & Wine Bar | Radisson Hotel Scranton PA

However, if you prefer to take a more low brow approach, and see an interesting cross section of the Wyoming Valley, you could always do the breakfast buffet at Old Country buffet. It's cheap, and the food tastes like the crap served on a Carnival Cruise, but the people watching is fun.
Actually, Old Country Buffet isn't all that bad for the price for breakfast. Good place to take kids too...cheap, and a lot of options. For a lunch/dinner buffet, I like the Chinese buffets more than Old Country Buffet, though.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:57 AM

1,245 posts, read 1,957,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Actually, Old Country Buffet isn't all that bad for the price for breakfast.
Why doesn't this surprise me. OCB is anything but good, different strokes for different folks.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:20 AM

7,939 posts, read 9,730,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
Why doesn't this surprise me. OCB is anything but good, different strokes for different folks.
Sorry it isn't foo-foo enough for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania