Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 10:23 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
They come here for a reason. Part of that reason is to sell drugs to the almost entirely white population who in this area love to smoke pot or meth. Factor in the very cheap real estate and love for drugs, it's a no brainer.

But as is the prevailing attitude in NEPA and much of the U.S., it is easier to blame the big bad boogyman than our neighbor who likes to get high.
wish i could rep you---so true!

this area feels like egypt--the land of de-nile

Old 03-31-2011, 03:43 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,963 times
Yes, crime has increased because of drugs, gangs and other undesirables that have come to the area.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:57 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
Yeah, wonderful. A whole generation of kids that do not know how to dress or pull their pants up!!!!!! If it wasn't for the wannabe white kids, there would be no rap industry.
And a problem with verifiable truth.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:05 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,849,160 times
Cool Suddenly I felt a draft

Quote:
Yeah, wonderful. A whole generation of kids that do not know how to dress or pull their pants up!!!!!! If it wasn't for the wannabe white kids, there would be no rap industry.
This is a little topic drift, but your post reminded me about how the military draft, and service in general, positively influenced generations of wannabe 'rebels'. It also straightened out many street thugs/'criminals'.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
This is a little topic drift, but your post reminded me about how the military draft, and service in general, positively influenced generations of wannabe 'rebels'. It also straightened out many street thugs/'criminals'.
It is a little off topic and I see where you are coming from. I don't see the youth of today as rebels, this look that they are going for is a thug/gangster/criminal look. Why would you want to look and act like that? Bill Cosby said it best when he said that these people can't speak English or dress themselves properly. Maybe the military might straighten these youth out, I don't know.

Old 04-02-2011, 03:48 PM

96 posts, read 168,331 times
Quote:
Yes, crime has increased because of drugs, gangs and other undesirables that have come to the area.
Does anyone have any actual statistics to back their claims up? All the crime statistics I've seen for the Scranton area over the last 7 years shows the crime rate to be virtually flat.

Old 04-02-2011, 03:51 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,623,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRidgeGuy View Post
Does anyone have any actual statistics to back their claims up? All the crime statistics I've seen for the Scranton area over the last 7 years shows the crime rate to be virtually flat.

You can use statistics to come to whatever means you desire..I had a Prof. whose favorite saying was figures dont lie, but liars figure..

Old 04-02-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRidgeGuy View Post
I don't have actual statistics, but I have my own two eyes and what I hear from other residents here. I've been in Scranton for nine years now and it has gotten worse. Maybe only about 10 percent worse, but not better.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:06 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,951,737 times
On my honor I will do my best...lol. I have to say, I hear about much more ARMED crime here in NEPA than I did even in Texas where supposedly everyone owns a firearm.

I myself am purchasing a shotgun. I never thought I would have a weapon, but things change.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:23 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,176,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
On my honor I will do my best...lol. I have to say, I hear about much more ARMED crime here in NEPA than I did even in Texas where supposedly everyone owns a firearm.

I myself am purchasing a shotgun. I never thought I would have a weapon, but things change.
This is the way to go. Get a License to Carry too. It is only $25 and takes 15 minutes. Many criminals come from places where citizens are not allowed to defend themselves and don't expect their victims to fight back. At least in PA we still got that right. Let the criminals know that assaulting innocent victims may result in their untimely demise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania