U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 06:24 PM

96 posts, read 100,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
1 - They are tearing down structures to build section 8 housing
2 - What a pit. They clean it up for Doherty press photos and let the place fall apart.
3 - who goes there? it will be closed in a year ( i have sources and have never been wrong)
4 - haha what a joke. the place consists of a book, some plastic fruit and a box of crayons
5 - filled with excrement of the NYC
6 - yeah, nothing like looking at a bunch of empty store fronts that doherty spent billions of dollars on

just the facts

you's trollin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 06:27 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,952,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRidgeGuy View Post
you's trollin
nooo. just regurgitating the facts that have been posted here before.

ok. maybe a little

Old 04-13-2011, 06:33 PM

26,558 posts, read 47,285,129 times
Quote:
nooo. just regurgitating the facts that have been posted here before.
Remember, if you yell an opinion that is held by you and few others loudly enough it becomes a fact!

Old 04-13-2011, 07:36 PM

14,561 posts, read 8,967,899 times
Quote:
1 - They are tearing down structures to build section 8 housing
2 - What a pit. They clean it up for Doherty press photos and let the place fall apart.
3 - who goes there? it will be closed in a year ( i have sources and have never been wrong)
4 - haha what a joke. the place consists of a book, some plastic fruit and a box of crayons
5 - filled with excrement of the NYC
6 - yeah, nothing like looking at a bunch of empty store fronts that doherty spent billions of dollars on

just the facts
Attached Thumbnails
6 Reasons why I love Scranton-trollin.jpg  

Old 04-13-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Lucky you took that picture when you did. Because just a few minutes earlier I was.....

Old 04-13-2011, 07:57 PM

96 posts, read 100,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I LOLed.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:41 PM

14,561 posts, read 8,967,899 times
Quote:
Lucky you took that picture when you did. Because just a few minutes earlier I was.....
Attached Thumbnails
6 Reasons why I love Scranton-o-rly001.jpg  

Old 04-13-2011, 09:42 PM

7,939 posts, read 9,705,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I thought only those who lived in Scranton were legally entitled to have or express an opinion about it? You see, if you lived in Scranton you'd know better than to think there's anything about it worthy of love. I mean, once you get past the baby-eating mayor, those damn yuppies, and the gangs from NJ what is there left to love?
While Scranton has its problems I still think the good outweighs the bad. As far as out-of-towners commenting on how much they love Scranton, I don't have a problem with that, but if you think so highly of Scranton, why not move into Scranton? Maybe if more people such as yourself...educated, working, law-abiding...moved into town, there would be less houses falling into disrepair and bought up by slumlords renting to section 8s and drug dealers....

Old 04-13-2011, 09:50 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,010,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
if you think so highly of Scranton, why not move into Scranton?
Because I like where I am now better. That doesn't make Scranton bad.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
While Scranton has its problems I still think the good outweighs the bad. As far as out-of-towners commenting on how much they love Scranton, I don't have a problem with that, but if you think so highly of Scranton, why not move into Scranton? Maybe if more people such as yourself...educated, working, law-abiding...moved into town, there would be less houses falling into disrepair and bought up by slumlords renting to section 8s and drug dealers....
It's funny you mention that, because we considered buying a house in Scranton. When we first moved here, we looked at a house for sale across from Nay Aug (don't know the name of the street) but it was near the flower garden/pool area of Nay Aug.
Loved the house, and the neighborhood. Why didn't we make the plunge? The cost of the house, coupled with the fact, that we didn't know if we were going to make NEPA our home for the long term.

In retrospect, I think if we had bought the house, I would have a better appreciation for the area. I absolutely loved the house, and having it right across the street from the park was a nice bonus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania