Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2011, 10:23 PM

154 posts, read 405,983 times

Advertisements

The actual web address is Greater Scranton Board of REALTORS® | "The Voice of Real Estate for Lackawanna, Wyoming & Susquehanna Counties"
Click on "Find Properties."
3000 plus houses will show up.
Click on the number--the houses will show up in a list.
Look across the top of the page---there should be (used to be) a button that says "Sort." There should be (used to be) a drop down box that allows you to click on 'price high to low' etc, or, "newly listed." On my computer, in both firefox and IE browsers, the page is so stretched-out that the right side of the page--maybe the last 1/4 of it--where the 'sort' function button should be, is simply not there. If my computer screen were to stretch out further, it might show up. Using logic, (since this isn't happening to any other webpages), I tried, as I said, using a different browser, changing the screen resolution settings (NO new resolution settings made the web page appear normal), restoring my computer to the setpoint of a few days ago (when the site worked normally on my computer), clicking 'control' and BOTH the plus and minus keys to zoom in/out. NONE of this worked. I'm thinking it's the website, but wondering if somebody else can check it out for me. ALSO just for the heck of it I emailed the site's contact to see if there are problems with the site--haven't heard back yet. This is driving me CRAZY. Any ideas on how to fix it? Or if it's the site, plz let me know that it's not just me and my poor ole computer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 01:10 AM

30,278 posts, read 16,032,987 times
I can't even get it to load anymore. I use either Zillow or yahoo.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:44 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,834,307 times
It's the site. Basically they are trying to stuff 10 pound of poop into a 5 pound bag :P . They are using a fixed width and the table containing the listings doesn't fit into the fixed width so it simply gets cut off if that makes any sense.

This works in firefox and should work in IE. After you click the search button to bring up the options for the listings right click where listings are and select the options for frame and open the frame in a new tab.

-----or-------

Just click here : Greater Scranton Board of Realtors

Old 05-11-2011, 04:20 AM

Thank you coalman! Worked like a charm! (back to the search lol...home sweet home where ARE you????)

Old 05-11-2011, 02:00 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,834,307 times
Just went through that process, it's only fun for the first few weeks. LOL

Old 05-12-2011, 01:23 AM

Smile confirmed by mls

There WAS something wrong with their site, the contact person emailed me and said "the right side of screen is cut off" and that he informed whomever was to take care of it. (Wish I knew that before I started tinkering around with my resolution settings & driving myself crazy!!!). But fix it, they did. All's well with the mls world. Now, can i find "my" house that quickly/easily?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania