Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2011, 06:43 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,372 times

Advertisements

Hey all, since this areas economy and wages are so depressed and money is always an issue I thought I would share something I recently learned. We have all been told that student loans are NEVER FORGIVEN. While that is mostly true, if anyone has had the bad luck to become disabled while still paying loans in good standing, contact your lender, there are programs that will forgive the entire balance.

I have always been faithful on paying my loans, no matter what my financial picture was, one day on the phone with with lenders service office discussing an expected increase in my monthly payment, I mentioned I have been on disabliity since 2002. As it turns out my lender is a particpator in this program, since I have always been in good standing, it looks like Uncle Sam is writing it off.

A great deal of documentation is needed and a doctor is required to sign off, but if you are in this boat, you might get a life preserver!

Old 05-25-2011, 05:05 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,523,221 times
Off topic for NEPA.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania