U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-13-2011, 12:59 PM

18,969 posts, read 3,727,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
There's the other Top Dog.

Top Dog - The Best Looking Sports Bar you'll ever see! (http://www.topdogcherryhill.com/grill.html - broken link)

Maybe they should rename the place Hooter Dog.
The menu looks good also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 01:27 PM

14,236 posts, read 7,883,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
Doubtful, since it is southwest of Jim Thorpe, which depending on who you ask is either NEPA or the Lehigh Valley.

If anything Tamaqua is central pa. NEPA it is not.
Tamaqua SD says that it is part of NEPA:

Tamaqua Area School District

Also, this lists the counties that are commonly held to compromise NEPA:

Northeastern Pennsylvania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is right on the border with the Allegheny Mountain area though so I could understand your confusion. Central PA most normally is defined as Northumberland, Snyder and Union counties.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:35 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,602,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

It is right on the border with the Allegheny Mountain area though so I could understand your confusion. Central PA most normally is defined as Northumberland, Snyder and Union counties.
Well actually I would normally define Central PA would include at least Centre County. LOL

Can't trust wiki. Good thing is, if you don't like it, change it.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:59 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,809,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

The NEPA Wiki also indicates Columbia County is in NEPA, yet as has been pointed out in other posts, towns in Columbia County consider themselves in Central PA.

As far as the SD, yes you are correct.

But, I still don't consider it NEPA.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:33 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,025,677 times
Tamaqua may not be right in the Scranton/WB area, but it is NEPA, and Scranton/WB TV stations are their local stations. I'm sure if you asked someone in Allentown/Bethlehem, they would not consider Tamaqua to be Lehigh Valley. Central PA? Not even close....it is eastern PA. Central PA is pretty much Montour County on the east, to maybe Clearfield County on the west, and from the Maryland border north to the New York border within that area.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp2007 View Post
Well actually I would normally define Central PA would include at least Centre County. LOL

Can't trust wiki. Good thing is, if you don't like it, change it.

I didn't get my information on Central PA from a Wiki site though.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
The NEPA Wiki also indicates Columbia County is in NEPA, yet as has been pointed out in other posts, towns in Columbia County consider themselves in Central PA.

As far as the SD, yes you are correct.

But, I still don't consider it NEPA.
Yes and my husband's relatives that live in Columbia County that considers themselves natives of NEPA.

Many people do.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:10 AM

This is where I got my Central PA info from:

Interactive Map of The Susquehanna River Valley :: Central Pennsylvania’s Susquehanna River Valley Visitors Bureau

Old 06-14-2011, 07:08 AM

2,563 posts, read 1,400,512 times
i WAS VISTING MY GF (sorry lock was on) and she said as we were talking about food, we all think what our Mom's or what we grew up with was the best! Yup! BTW, she is not a native of this land, but of Italy or now it is part of Croatia (sp?) and she died when I told her about OF pizza. She also said the pizza in Italy was defintely different, but was she was lost with the American cheese.

As we continued our discussion we both realized the water was the issue, NY water is truly wonderful water and that is one big difference with our crust issue and bagels!

Old 06-14-2011, 07:35 AM

18,969 posts, read 3,727,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
As we continued our discussion we both realized the water was the issue, NY water is truly wonderful water and that is one big difference with our crust issue and bagels!
I've been telling everyone I know that it's all in the water but no one believed me. Now along comes a believer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania