Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 07:27 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,951,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
I believe I was the one who made the original remark about scantily-clad middle school girls. I don't believe I made reference to any particular parent. You seem to have taken it as a personal affront.

May I add, that if your 10-year-old son knows what kind of clothes a "working girl" wears, or even what a "working girl" is, you can stop trying to protect him from Hooter Girls.
Not taking anythig personal, I just disaree that children on a school trip be brought to Hooters for lunch. 12. 13 14, not children of their own they over stepped period!

Working girls, a docmentary we watched as a family with many scenes skipped on how woman and young children of the world have to sell them selves to survive. BIG DIFFERENCE WAITRESSING BECAUSE IT IS EASY CASH FROM 21-35. My son also knows about white/sex slavery, that does not mean we allow him to go and say lets have bobies and bad food. Education and expopsure are two totally different things.

The waitress at hooters are dressed like that for one reason, to be googled at! NOT A HABIT HIS FATHER, 22 YEAR OLD BROTHER NOR ONE HE POSSESS!

Period, I aslos do not really care about what everyone else thinks I expressed my opinion clearly

Old 06-04-2011, 07:29 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,951,737 times
This thread truly shows the divide on us transplants...and that IMHO is a good thing!

Old 06-04-2011, 07:39 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,549,693 times
I guess if you don't have the "boobs" you don't get the job.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:22 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
I would be more than pissed. Sorru but Hooters is a special place my husband takes his sons to on their 18th b-day, not before!

Hmmm.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:28 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
This thread truly shows the divide on us transplants...and that IMHO is a good thing!
Whoa, Nellie! Us transplants? Are you painting yourself and the other non-natives as some special group with higher values?

I arrived here after living in some large, cosmopolitan metro areas. At no time during my tenure here have I ever brought up the fact that I am somehow different from anyone else because of prior residence. Nor do I presume that I am somehow better because of what I believe as opposed to what opinions others hold.

And your opinion may be many things, but it is never humble.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:29 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Whoa, Nellie! Us transplants? Are you painting yourself and the other non-natives as some special group with higher values?

I arrived here after living in some large, cosmopolitan metro areas. At no time during my tenure here have I ever brought up the fact that I am somehow different from anyone else because of prior residence. Nor do I presume that I am somehow better because of what I believe as opposed to what opinions others hold.

And your opinion may be many things, but it is never humble.
wish i could rep u

maybe my formerly "living in the big city"has warped me but i was born in these der hills and never could have come up with a fear of waitresses in shorts n t shirts frightening my sons

Old 06-04-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
I guess if you don't have the "boobs" you don't get the job.

umm not true-----some of the former pta parents i worked with were hooter waitresses with miniscule t's and a's

Old 06-04-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Yea, it is, if you're taking them to Hooters. You're exposing them to women running around half dressed, and being provacative. C'mon to any young teenage boy with hormones raging, it's a very big deal. I know you can't control every single thing your kids do, but a school shouldn't be taking kids to hooters.

puhleeze--raging teenage hormones will rage anywhere--once caught some of my aftercare teens drooling over teeny boobs that excited them in pictures of(ready for this---young ballet dancers in full body leotards---ya all need some lessons on teen and preteen kids hormones

Old 06-04-2011, 03:32 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,779,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
puhleeze--raging teenage hormones will rage anywhere--once caught some of my aftercare teens drooling over teeny boobs that excited them in pictures of(ready for this---young ballet dancers in full body leotards---ya all need some lessons on teen and preteen kids hormones
You can say what you want, but a school doesn't belong taking kids to Hooters, bottom line, it's wrong, no matter what way you want to look at it.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:23 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
As a future parent I would not be concerned with taking my pre-teen son and/or daughter to lunch at Hooters. With that being said, however, I would never take another parent's child or children to Hooters to accompany my own child or children without explicit permission from their parents.

Everyone has divergent perspectives on child-rearing, with some obviously being much more conservative than others. My parents were conservatives who ended up raising two liberal children. My partner and I may be liberal parents who, in turn, raise conservative children.

It's neither my place nor position to overstep my boundaries in exposing another person's offspring to environments that other parents may find to be inappropriate. As for me my father took me to a Hooters in Pittsburgh when I was about 12 or 13, and I wasn't traumatized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania