Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2011, 11:02 PM

26 posts, read 43,069 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Please excuse me for posting about a different area. I haven't gotten any responses from the Lehigh Valley section. I thought outside opinions would help and wouldn't be biased.

I would like to know opinions about Walnutport. I am thinking of purchasing a house there but am unsure of the area itself in regards to crime, reputation, and the community. I am can spend up to $300,000.00 and am looking for a rural area.

I have looked at a few places but my mind is not made up yet.

I am trying to get a feel for this area. I am trying to find a good area that isn't trashy? I hope not to offend anyone by asking if it is.

Thank you in advance for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 06:35 PM

1 posts, read 421 times
Default Lehigh Valley area of PA

My husband and I just sold our home in Wescosville, PA in the Lehigh Valley. We were about 20 minutes away from Walnutport, which I remember to be a very lovely area. Very rural at the time, very quiet, nice. We looked at a home in that area before settling in Wescosville where we lived for 19 years. The (Lehigh Valley) has really grown unfortunately and become much more congested. A lot of New York/New Jersey people have moved into the Lehigh Valley to escape their high taxes or whatever. We loved how rural it was when we first moved there, and one of the reasons we left is because it just became to busy, populated for us. We are true country people and plan to move to coastal NC. We loved that area, we have vacationed along the coast of NC for 10 years and just love the beaches and the people. If you must move into the Lehigh Valley, just do your research, there are still some nice country areas left, Breinigsville, Center Valley, Cherryville. Contact a good realtor, do your research with that too. Hope this helps...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania