Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 05:36 AM

405 posts, read 1,279,368 times

Advertisements

Now that your FIL is gone I would throw that dart again.
And try to aim for the sunbelt.
I don't think you'll be missing much here if you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 07:50 AM

1,294 posts, read 3,254,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast30 View Post
Water just went through my nose reading this statement!!! I haven't laughed so loud in such a long time The only thing beautiful about NEPA are the mountains and the rivers. Anything related to geography and nature. There's nothing beautiful about potholes or some lady yelling at her kids with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth and a beer belly to go with it.
Then you have never been to Florida. What you just described could be easily labelled a normal cracker home in Florida, to which there are many. And the 2 things you mentioned that are great about NEPA don't really exist in a place like Florida (sorry St Johns and Suwannee are nothing on PA).

Old 08-25-2011, 10:35 AM

135 posts, read 230,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp2007 View Post
Then you have never been to Florida. What you just described could be easily labelled a normal cracker home in Florida, to which there are many. And the 2 things you mentioned that are great about NEPA don't really exist in a place like Florida (sorry St Johns and Suwannee are nothing on PA).
I haven't lived in FL and have only vacationed in the cities. But, I wouldn't doubt those types of people exist there... I was just kidding around with my comment Geography preferences are subjective. That's my point. Although, for a lot of people it's hard to beat a tropical paradise with sandy beaches and beautiful sunsets over the ocean.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:13 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,684 times
I live in South Fla and i can tell you the trashy element of people is alive and well here..The whole Tropical paradise BS wears off real quick when its 99 degrees, humid and you have to deal with everything that goes with living in an off shoot of Latin America. etc. We have down pours every day for about 4 months straight.

Natives here seem to have zero consideration for their lawns and properties. The snow birds all gather in their gated communities where kids have to obey noise levels and curfews.....The ruling class here is old folks....College of University is not a goal for many of the kids.....Gangs are everywhere, foreclosures are everywhere and there are shootings every night....

There are also good points.....NEPA is a nice place....get over yourselves.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:14 AM

^ wow and amen.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:15 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,684 times
ohh and one more thing.....People say how NEPA is filled with drunks, which it is...Down here though, I have never seen so many people who devote so much time to sitting at tiki hut bars, drinking all day. It is a great life style for a week or two but every day?????

Old 08-26-2011, 09:53 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
I live in South Fla and i can tell you the trashy element of people is alive and well here..The whole Tropical paradise BS wears off real quick when its 99 degrees, humid and you have to deal with everything that goes with living in an off shoot of Latin America. etc. We have down pours every day for about 4 months straight.

Natives here seem to have zero consideration for their lawns and properties. The snow birds all gather in their gated communities where kids have to obey noise levels and curfews.....The ruling class here is old folks....College of University is not a goal for many of the kids.....Gangs are everywhere, foreclosures are everywhere and there are shootings every night....

There are also good points.....NEPA is a nice place....get over yourselves.
i too lived over 30 yrs in sw fla----never saw all the negatives--as to latin america--get to know some before u generalize------why are you still there---come back to nepa where you can bask in the ambiance and be truly happy
i would move back to sw fla in a heartbeat if i could

Old 08-26-2011, 10:02 AM

SW FL is not the same as south FL, central or pretty much any where else in the state. I would say SW FL is probably a little nicer than most of the state with far less problems, well except ridonkilous housing depreciation. But thats everywhere in FL, but especially down there.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:08 PM

48 posts, read 110,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
i too lived over 30 yrs in sw fla----never saw all the negatives--as to latin america--get to know some before u generalize------why are you still there---come back to nepa where you can bask in the ambiance and be truly happy
i would move back to sw fla in a heartbeat if i could
Why can't you?

Old 08-26-2011, 05:05 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricCityMan View Post
Why can't you?

severe emotional attachment to the kids n grandkids
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania