Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2011, 08:07 PM

734 posts, read 1,635,751 times

Advertisements

Ok, this issue of PCP has just about been beaten to death but I have to add my thoughts once again. I lived there. I moved off LI for that. I lived and live again on the east end of LI. PCP was the worst place I ever lived. Crime is not the only issue. The lots are tiny, so tiny you can spit in your neighbor's eye and you may want to do that often. In general, the people that live there are strange- I mean strange like rejects from other states. The BOD is corrupt and the amenities are over run with kids that have no respect and parents that are loud and have NO class. If you live in the Bronx, in a tiny rat and roach infested apartment, then this is probably a slice of heaven to you. If you come from a nicer area and are told that PCP is a move to "the country" then you are in for a rude awakening. The Bronx type people have brought the gangs, the crime, the drugs. There may be some nice people in there but I didn't even find one person that I have kept in contact with or would consider a friend from there. Those years were some of the most uncomfortable and strange of my entire life. PCP is also filled with alot of Section 8 trash. The only positive thing I can say and I mean ONLY, is that I truly loved and enjoyed the wild life. You can go back and read the details of some of the things I encountered while living there. My prior name on here was "Deerlover" so you can look up those posts too.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 02:50 PM

25 posts, read 58,550 times
Wow, I guess all of the posts concerning PCP is why you can see a listing price of 119K, for what looks like a pretty decent looking place, right on the water!

I got that too good to be true feeling when I saw the listing and just had to find out! Definitely too good to be true.

Thanks

Old 12-04-2011, 01:41 AM

181 posts, read 303,822 times
They have guards there to keep the crime in.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:12 PM

9 posts, read 41,963 times
Default YES..stay AWAY!

If you care for your family and do not appreciate a CORRUPT bunch of people running your community? STAY THE HELL AWAY!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 5,580 times
I currently looked at a house in PCP and fell in love with it, the area looked nice however I am not familiar with the area so I am doing a little research. According to the blogs I am disappointed to read that it has a bad rep so now I am back to square one, I have to start looking for houses again but don't know what area in the poconos to look at. Any ideas??

Old 12-29-2011, 09:35 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,137,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa2012 View Post
I currently looked at a house in PCP and fell in love with it, the area looked nice however I am not familiar with the area so I am doing a little research. According to the blogs I am disappointed to read that it has a bad rep so now I am back to square one, I have to start looking for houses again but don't know what area in the poconos to look at. Any ideas??
I would look North of Tobyhanna . Go a little bit into Wayne County .. I'd stay out of Monroe county altogether ..

Old 01-07-2012, 09:47 AM

405 posts, read 1,279,096 times
Default re: PCP

Ditto the above.
Monroe County has become a hotbed for gangs, drugs, and crime.
Mostly tansplants from NYC and Philly bringing their habits with them.
Particularly troublesome are Tobyhanna and Mt. Pocono.
Some in this thread might argue that trouble can be found anywhere.
While this may be true one has to look at the demographics for the area.
Toby and Mt. P have far more than trouble than average for a population
of thier size.
For a place "out in the country" their crime rate is off the charts.
I live next door in Wayne County (near Gouldsboro) and my police
scanner is always buzzing with activity from Mt. Pocono and Tobyh.
Take this threads advice and look elsewhere for a nice place.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:44 PM

2 posts, read 10,874 times
I owned in PCP for many years and it was the worst mistake of my life. Uncle Buck said above that its a "gated community" where you think people are protected. Well.. that is what i thought until i came to realize that the crime was INSIDE the community. You see, PCP is a haven for the gangs called the Bloods and Crypts. Since it is a private community, they are not subject to local police entereing without cause. THerefore, there are at least 15 methodone houses, standoff shootings where they had to evacuate my whole block, burgularies up the wazoo, etc. THe majority of the folks who live there year round come from the hood in the Bronx because the houses are cheap as well as the rent. i recently sold and it was the best thing i ever did. My cousin owns a mortgage company in the poconos and gives me updates from time to time. STAY CLEAR OF PCP

Old 03-06-2012, 12:47 PM

2 posts, read 10,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa2012 View Post

DONT DO IT!! LOOK IN STROUDSBERG OR EVEN TANNERSVILLE... PCP IS LOADED WITH GANG MEMBERS. i didn't know until after 2 weeks after i purchased my house, i realized there was a methodone house across the street from me. the robberies are ridiculous!

Old 03-20-2012, 08:33 AM

9 posts, read 41,963 times
Put this out for all....pass it on if you can...

Well folks, seems the "other shoe" has dropped this past week.

Seems the much touted and esteemed "Community Manager," Mr. Kimble HAS NOT had his contract renewed by the APCPPOA inc. Board of Directors.

The circumstances, as ALWAYS, for this rather confusing decision on the part of the BOD was not made known to the membership. "Corporate Confidentiality" of course, rules when it comes to these "events." Stranger yet, the BOD stood firmly behind Mr. Kimble when allegations of Conflict of Interest involving his rental of a home built by a Multi Million Dollar Home construction and real estate "opereration" building hundreds of homes in APCP, were made. Further, Ms. Hasse, our BOD President is/was an ardent supporter of Mr. Kimble.

The reasons, are wide and varied in my opinion. However, it may, in my opinion, have something to do with the unabated home constuction which, to date, continues in APCP.

None the less, as of late, I have learned that many long time residents (myself included) have decided to "pack it in" and get out of APCP NOW! The grand exodus has begun.

It is abundantly clear that the homes which were built will not be sold. Therefore, it makes perfect sense that the builder must rent them! Who will they be rented to? WELL.... SECTION 8 TENANTS OF COURSE! What does this spell for the future of the APCPPOA? Well......it ain't gonna be good and thats for sure!

What will many of those who leave do with the homes they own? Well...sell for less, short sale or foreclose. These are the only options, options many here, to preserve their safety and not have to live with the "undesireable element" will have to take.

Sad as it is, IF the past and especially present BOD's would have reined in the Board Presidents(s) and the THREE COMMUNITY MANAGERS we have had in the past 10 years, then perhaps, APCP would be a great place to live and raise a family.

The BOD ( in my opinion, a group of self serving cronies) let the membership down big time!

They allowed the destruction of green space, allowed the building of hundreds of UNEEDED homes and then, spent money on "attractions" we didn't need. Never ONCE considering the long term repercussions that would be caused. The builder and the people who allowed these homes to be put up now have the upper hand. It's all over here people......it's over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania