Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 09:29 AM

1,294 posts, read 3,252,913 times

Advertisements

Yes, its the plaza near where the highway merges with 309 in Dallas.

I remember going there a few years ago as a kid, always liked it. Nothing good like that out here in the Rockies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 05:34 PM

115 posts, read 273,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memoriesbre View Post
I kinda enjoy Tepanyaki in Dickson City. Is that place in Dallas in the same strip mall as Wild Birds Unlimited?
Yep.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:23 PM

708 posts, read 954,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
Why would you say that? Are the Chinese people making the food at Peking Chef any less Chinese than someone in Chinatown??
That is the most ridiculous question I have ever heard. Because someone's ethnic background is Chinese, does not mean they can cook well.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:49 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,137,741 times
I think they even invented Ramen Noodles for those who cant cook

Old 12-21-2011, 10:04 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadejay26 View Post
That is the most ridiculous question I have ever heard. Because someone's ethnic background is Chinese, does not mean they can cook well.
And just because someone lives in a certain city, doesn't mean they can cook well. Just because a Chinese restaurant is in Dallas, PA, doesn't make it inferior to one in Chinatown. I have a snooty relative who lived in NYC at the time and made a crack that Japanese restaurants in Scranton are inferior to those in bigger cities (without actually eating at a Japanese restaurant here). And I said the same thing...are Japanese people in Scranton any less Japanese than the Japanese people in NYC, and less capable of making authentic Japanese food?

Old 12-22-2011, 09:36 AM

708 posts, read 954,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
And just because someone lives in a certain city, doesn't mean they can cook well. Just because a Chinese restaurant is in Dallas, PA, doesn't make it inferior to one in Chinatown. I have a snooty relative who lived in NYC at the time and made a crack that Japanese restaurants in Scranton are inferior to those in bigger cities (without actually eating at a Japanese restaurant here). And I said the same thing...are Japanese people in Scranton any less Japanese than the Japanese people in NYC, and less capable of making authentic Japanese food?
You are right, because they live in a certain city does not make them cook well. But the fact that there are so many other restaurant choices in a small area, weeds out the bad restaurants. While in a smaller area such as NEPA, there are fewer choices, so people get used to whatever they can get here. And that is not to say Peking Chef is bad, just that it is not one of the best in the country.
On your other point, your snooty relative is correct. And I have eaten at them. In fact, in my opinion, Dickson City has a better Japanese restaurant than Scranton. If you go, you can tell your relative that you went to The City(Dickson City) for some good Japanese style food.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:05 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Default Husband in Hospital ANY CHINESE RESTAURANTS open on Christmas Day?

Unpleasant last minute surprise. DH in Hospital and I was not able to shop for food.

In some places, Chinese Restaurant's open on Christmas Day? This is an old reliable last minute option in many areas of the country. (Think " A Christmas Story")

We are stuck. Scranton and the Poconos are not to far.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:32 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,137,741 times
EVERY Chinese place is Open Christmas Day

Old 12-24-2011, 07:43 PM

30,488 posts, read 16,198,344 times
Hope everything works out, Sheena.

don't know about the Chinese restaurants being open but if not, look for a grocery store and a microwave.

Old 12-25-2011, 05:16 PM

21 posts, read 55,307 times
Fa Ra Ra Ra Raaaa.
We had Chinese food on Christmas eve, and this is all I could think about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania