Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 01:08 PM

2 posts, read 2,403 times

Advertisements

Hi Im 41 polish girl looking for friends TRUE friends witch I have none.husband and kids are not the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 01:09 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,137,741 times
Umm Maybe go meet friends at Church, The Ymca . Good luck in your search ..

Old 01-02-2012, 01:18 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
I really do fear what you might find on a public forum. Some people are really great but you just don't know who is looking at your posts so please be careful. I know that taking care of a family doesn't always leave you with a lot of time, but you still need to take care of yourself.

If you like needlework, find a local group, likewise for any other interests you have. Only by following your own interests will you find someone to share a friendship with. Volunteer at your local library or theater group to meet a variety of people. Most Polish churches also have pierogi making and other activities where you can meet nice people.

Please take care, but have some fun.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:24 AM

8,053 posts, read 7,419,522 times
St. Luke's in Stroudsburg has Mass in Polish every Sunday at 3:00PM. The John Paul II Polish school also operates out of St. Luke's on Saturdays. That's where I would go for a start.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:33 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
We could give you advice all day long, but it would be pointless until we know - what kind of friends do you want? Coffee? Bars? Shopping? Shared interests?

What interests do you have? Where do you live? You've revealed no information about yourself on your registration page, which would be helpful in suggesting ways to meet people.

Possibly your post belongs on the Relationship forum but we won't know how to help until we know more about you. Good luck.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:43 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
We could give you advice all day long, but it would be pointless until we know - what kind of friends do you want? Coffee? Bars? Shopping? Shared interests?

What interests do you have? Where do you live? You've revealed no information about yourself on your registration page, which would be helpful in suggesting ways to meet people.

Possibly your post belongs on the Relationship forum but we won't know how to help until we know more about you. Good luck.
My Grandma was Polish and she also didn't reveal much about herself, even to me. I think it has to do with our cultural history and fear of not knowing who would turn on you. Trust is earned which might slow down the friend making process if someone isn't outgoing by nature. I don't know the OP so it is just a guess until she comes back.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:08 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
My Grandma was Polish and she also didn't reveal much about herself, even to me. I think it has to do with our cultural history and fear of not knowing who would turn on you. Trust is earned which might slow down the friend making process if someone isn't outgoing by nature. I don't know the OP so it is just a guess until she comes back.
I can respect the desire for privacy, Heidi, and wouldn't suggest anyone reveal more than they are comfortable with, but bare bones minimum at least when asking for friends. Not asking for her address or phone number but reluctance to reveal any information at all runs counter to the OP's request.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:58 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,115,684 times
Look on meetup.com to see if there's a group that shares some of your interests. Hiking clubs are good too, if you're into hiking.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:49 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
Look on meetup.com to see if there's a group that shares some of your interests. Hiking clubs are good too, if you're into hiking.
I was just going to suggest this. I hope the OP finds some friends. It is so important to have good friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania