Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2013, 07:23 AM

709 posts, read 955,026 times

Advertisements

I know one thing that is "forever".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 07:48 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,850,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadejay26 View Post
Fruitcake?

Old 12-20-2013, 11:58 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,950,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadejay26 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
Fruitcake?
I think he means this thread!

Old 12-20-2013, 03:33 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,143,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
I think he means this thread!
Twinkies??

Old 12-21-2013, 01:29 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,985,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge621 View Post
Since my first name is George I have to go easy on him and say it simple, "Not everything is for everyone." Many people like LinnieLee33 and myself love the place. Is it perfect, no. Is it as bad as a lot of people on this forum say, not hardly. The property values don't scare me when I can buy a house that needs carpeting, paint and a couple walls patched for $25,000. If I stayed for even 5 years and sold it for less its not gonna kill me. I know many people who have homes in NJ that were bought for $450,000 and above and on a bright sunny day in July wouldn't get $250,000. Remember these people purchased these houses for $450k and spent more of their own money making upgrades to the house. In life you take the good with the bad because very few things are ALL GOOD and you make your way with it. I currently live in Essex County in NJ which averages 145 murders a year. I have known people who were murdered in my county. Monroe County averages 4 murders a year I feel safer there. My risk of being a victim of a violent crime and losing more $$$ on buying property lies in the county I live in now. No matter how bad you say PCP is I know I'll be moving to a better place i am now. Doesn't mean I'm gonna be there forever, nothing is forever....
Ummmmm....Essex County includes NEWARK and East Orange....hardly a valid comparison.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:08 PM

472 posts, read 778,849 times
I'm not comparing Essex Co. to Monroe Co. I am trying to simply state it is a much safer place then where I live now. There is no debate to that. Two things I love about Newark NJ 1) Cheap, good mechanics. 2) the NJ Devils

Old 12-21-2013, 06:17 PM

452 posts, read 681,903 times
Good point. At least you can call someone when your car is stripped and left on blocks while watching a hockey game.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:20 PM

472 posts, read 778,849 times
Lol I don't have a Honda the car thieves love those vtec motors lol

Old 12-21-2013, 06:36 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,519,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge621 View Post
Hi, Looking to speak with current owners in A Pocono Country Place. I have been visiting the development for over 7 months now and so far it has been a great experience. I hear all the ugily things I have spoken mostly to past owners in the community but now I really wish to get a fresh feel from the owners, People working and paying the bills in the community. Please renters welcome also. Most people whom I talked to while visiting had more complaints with the Community Board and the rules more then anything but not one said that they attented any meetings nor did they take steps to bring the issues they have to the boards attention.

I have written the Board as a person who is one interested in possibly buying a property in APCP and a Concerned citizen. The amount of forclosures in APCP and empty homes doesn't concern me as much as the empty homes with open windows and doors and the lack of community concern by both law enforcement, Banks, neighbors and community board members. Here is the letter.

Greetings,
I am sending this email to all the email addresses I could find on your site. I would first start off saying I am a law enforcement officer of NJ very interested in your community. I go to my cousin's place all the time located in the K section on Sunnyside Drive. He really doesn't get to the house often and I have been going up frequently since June 2011. I absolutely love the people and the community. I am seriously considering buying a house in APCP in the next year or so. I have been to many communities in Pa and to be honest out of all of the ones I have been to There are two that stand out to me for very different reasons. One is Saw Creek Estates for the amenities. Hands down there is no better that I know of as far as amenities go. APCP for one reason, I really love everyone I have interacted with in the community. I don't care what I read in the paper or online and even in NJ people have heard of the bad reputation of your community. I hate the fact that people judge what they know nothing about. Times are tough everywhere. But because times are tough doesn't mean that you stop worrying about your neighbor or your neighborhood. Being in law enforcement for so long I have learned a few things along the way. One great concern I have with your community during these hard times is not the abundanced of empty homes, but the abundance of empty homes that are becoming uninhabitable. I do go on websites and I do visit homes that are on the market for sale and I have found an alarming amount of homes with windows, doors and outside cellar doors wide open. Some houses have had their windows wide open since June and for possibly months or years before that. Most of these homes will become unrepairable if they are not so already and it seems like no one cares. I care... It baffles my mind how the community residents, local and community law enforcement, and the enforcement division for the various codes residents get fined for do not step up and at least make the effort to close these windows and doors for the good of the community. Wrong or not I have closed several windows and doors of houses that I have seen there if for only one reason, its the right thing to do. I have called several realtors to complain that these homes are being left for dead, windows and doors ajar and not one has done what is simply the right thing to do CARE. I care and hope that someone on the board, someone in the community steps up and does something to help the integrity of the community. Eventually when these homes start to fall apart the residents that are there will fall in even more dispair. Would you want to pay community dues when the homes around you are falling apart or becoming unrepairable? The community is still beautiful, this problem is not yet beyond repair but if no one starts to try and fix some of these problems where does the future lead? Can maybe in your bulletin can you mention for others to care and report any empty home that has open or broken windows and doors so that someone in the community can come and try and save some of these homes? Eventually you do want these homes sold and lived in. I hope my thoughts do not fall on deaf ears and something gets done about it. It breaks my heart to see such a beautiful place slowly deteriorate in front of my very eyes. If you need my help I would be willing to drive there on my days off and help. It is possible people of the community feel the same as I do but just need to be brought together and would volunteer to help seal these homes. Its a safety issue also for the children that would possibly go into these homes to hangout or play and get hurt and no one would know til its too late. I thank you for reading my email and if I am out of place because I am not currently a resident I am sorry but I do care out of love I have for APCP and its residents.

Mod cut - reply letter removed - one cannot post a private letter/e-mail on a public forum without the consent of the author. Please paraphrase instead.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND I REALLY LOVE THAT PLACE AND THE PRICES ARE SERIOUSLY INVITING AND I JUST WANT INPUT FROM PEOPLE THERE NOW. AM I BEING OVERLY CONCERNED? HELP ME MAKE A WISE CHOICE!!!
Well that was interesting, Let's get back to the topic please ^^^^.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI2PA View Post
I can understand your opposition to PCP, but Pa is a huge state and there are many beautiful places. You must have other connections to LI such as family and friends for it to be worth the high price to live here. When my wife and I married 33 years ago, we struggled to afford our house only because our parents lived in the same town. Now they are gone so I just hope I can talk my wife into moving from here, why should I spend so much on outrageous taxes, for what? My kids are grown and I am grateful they got a good education here. Another concern is future storms, I have a feeling Hurricane Sandy will not be the last. Flooding seems to be the norm now.
All I know is when I do decide to move off the Island, there will be no turning back. But for now, we will settle for a weekend get-away in the Poconos to escape the over crowded highways such as Sunrise Hwy and Montauk Hwy, just to mention a few....there's just too many people here now. I know I would not want to live full time in Pa, especially in the winter. My dream is to have a place down south and keep the place in the Poconos for the summer....I just hope we chose wisely.
Hi. I just got a house in pcp and people had frighten me with some stories that is not so save any more I just want to know if it is true or not. If you could answer me with true or false will be very helpful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania