Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 04:42 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Here is my challenge - post something about NEPA that you LOVE. Something that makes it special and makes the area a great place to live and to raise a family. Don't worry, I will put in my two cents, but let me here what you have to day! Lets kill off all the negativity with LOVE and PRIDE!
Back on topic please.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 10:30 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,452,072 times
My absolutely, positively FAVORITE thing about NEPA is the fact that conversations about any "NEPA-related" subject are NEVER, EVER reported by control-freak people, censored, or deemed "hijacked" or "off-topic" by over-zealous mods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless America...(and NEPA....) the Land Of "Free Speech"!!!!!

Old 05-03-2012, 08:02 PM

96 posts, read 168,318 times
I love running Lake Scranton.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:41 PM

91 posts, read 100,336 times
When I was in College, It was quite peaceful,cheap(as opposed to my home in Brooklyn) and let's not forget about Harry's U-Pull-It. I know that's 3 things, but that's what I could come up with and hope that helps.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:23 AM

17 posts, read 24,928 times
UPDATE- we've had lots of virtual help in our decision of where to move in PA. We chose Clarks Summit and have been here for a month. We are surrounded by the beautiful mountainous sunrise from our yard and mountainous sunset from our front porch. Absolutely breathtaking (I am sitting at my desk, looking out the front windows at the sunrise and clouds covering the mountains). We lived in Asia for nearly 5 years with the US Navy and they are not known for their trees and foliage... which makes these views a blessing. We lived in Souther MD (we did not find it friendly and/or DC lower living was oozing it's way down to So. MD making it more and more ghetto...sorry, there is no other way of saying it) while finding the "right spot" to transition from military (30 years) to civilian live and maybe it's all attitude, but I have not found one negative person thus far in NEPA!! Everyone we speak to from mechanical worker (getting car registered) to nursery (picking out herbs to plant), to restaurant servers and neighbors (including high school teens) have been pleasant, welcoming and it overjoys us all to know that we are being so openly welcomed to this wonderful new chapter in our lives. Thank you to all of the positive posters, and to the negative posters.. maybe it's all attitude! I can't wait for fall... and winter snow!!! Thank you Sheena12 for starting this post!! Todays task... off to find an Italian deli and/or meat market.. I hear they are around here Maybe I'll start a Clarks Summit social page where people can list their favorite spots for food, hiking, etc to help others out!!!

Old 06-21-2012, 07:21 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyfam4 View Post
Todays task... off to find an Italian deli and/or meat market.. I hear they are around here
Italian deli? Check out Catalano's on S. Main Ave. in West Scranton.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:37 AM

17 posts, read 24,928 times
Thank you, Yuk will do.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:42 AM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyfam4 View Post
UPDATE- we've had lots of virtual help in our decision of where to move in PA. We chose Clarks Summit and have been here for a month. We are surrounded by the beautiful mountainous sunrise from our yard and mountainous sunset from our front porch. Absolutely breathtaking (I am sitting at my desk, looking out the front windows at the sunrise and clouds covering the mountains). We lived in Asia for nearly 5 years with the US Navy and they are not known for their trees and foliage... which makes these views a blessing. We lived in Souther MD (we did not find it friendly and/or DC lower living was oozing it's way down to So. MD making it more and more ghetto...sorry, there is no other way of saying it) while finding the "right spot" to transition from military (30 years) to civilian live and maybe it's all attitude, but I have not found one negative person thus far in NEPA!! Everyone we speak to from mechanical worker (getting car registered) to nursery (picking out herbs to plant), to restaurant servers and neighbors (including high school teens) have been pleasant, welcoming and it overjoys us all to know that we are being so openly welcomed to this wonderful new chapter in our lives. Thank you to all of the positive posters, and to the negative posters.. maybe it's all attitude! I can't wait for fall... and winter snow!!! Thank you Sheena12 for starting this post!! Todays task... off to find an Italian deli and/or meat market.. I hear they are around here Maybe I'll start a Clarks Summit social page where people can list their favorite spots for food, hiking, etc to help others out!!!

I'm so happy that this thread was of help to you and that you are happy and comfortable in your new home! While I live in a city, I can still see the mountains from my deck and a short drive takes me to the country side. I find the area very soothing myself! Autumn is my favorite season of all here! The foliage is splendid!

So glad you have found the right place! Clark's Summit is lovely! Why don't you start a thread on City Data and tell us some of your favorite places in Clark's Summit? I'd enjoy hearing about them and I'm certain that others would as well.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:44 AM

452 posts, read 681,738 times
I would like to give a big two thumbs up and a heart felt thank you to all the State, County and Local law enforcement agencies. I think the brave men and women who put on a uniform each day to protect the area do not get the proper recognition. After reading a recent article in the Standard Speaker, the job they face must be daunting. After dealing with deep budget cuts, the closing of the ICE office in Scranton and the lack of a law that 40 other states have to deal with gangs, it must be frustrating. The article goes on to say that the gang members know this and flock here to continue the violence and drug activity associated with gangs. It also states that the calls to the closest agency to deal with all the illegals which is in Philly, may take days to get a response. Once again, thank you to all the men and women in blue who do what most feel is fighting a loosing battle.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:19 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,472,383 times
Nicely said Cpt. Trips! Hats off to all those that put their lives on the line for our safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania