U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-23-2012, 01:47 PM

5 posts, read 17,765 times

Advertisements

We are planning a trip to the Poconos this summer and are looking to rent in the "perfect" mountain cabin community. We have never been to the Poconos so have no idea where to start. We are looking for that great place where people go for generations, has a lot to do with two small children, near water and hiking, and has clean cabins with some modern conveniences. It doesn't have to be a fancy resort, just a place that people have a lot of love for and goes back year after year. Thanks so much in advance for your help![LEFT]
Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/lehig...#ixzz1nEhHLov3
[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 03:05 PM

1,234 posts, read 1,182,400 times
I have never stayed at this place, but I have heard many people talk favorably about Keen Lake in Waymart. Those old fashioned resorts are disappearing and harder and harder to find. Have a wonderful trip. This area is beautiful!

Old 02-23-2012, 11:24 PM

11,099 posts, read 9,736,383 times
I second Keene Lake. Nice old fashioned place. Nice Lake. I agree, the type of place that is family oriented, not "money driven", but with good activities for all ages.

I would also add two other destinations - the resorts near Knoeble's amusement park. There are rental cottages near the amusement park, which is one of the cleanest and best kept that I have ever been to.

And Pine Grove Cottages in Beach Lake.

More pricy but very nice is Woodloch Resort. Google them all. I am sure that one of them will suit your taste and budget.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:34 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,704,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talloolla View Post
I have never stayed at this place, but I have heard many people talk favorably about Keen Lake in Waymart. Those old fashioned resorts are disappearing and harder and harder to find. Have a wonderful trip. This area is beautiful!

Keen lake is AWESOME . Its down the road a bit from me .. Great people and a nice area ...

Old 03-06-2012, 06:22 AM

123 posts, read 209,894 times
In our camping days, Keene lake was our pick. We had one site though that was too close to the highway and large trucks were loudly rolling by all night. If you stay there, just be careful of your site location. Our ultimate favorite place was down in the Amish Country near New Holland. It was called Lake-in-the-Wood Campground. Check it out on the internet, they offer theme cabins and tent camping. We stayed in the shipwreck cabin 3 times and the log cabin once. Great place.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:15 AM

717 posts, read 498,878 times
If you are willing to venture a hundred miles or so west of the Poconos, I recommend Eagles Mere, PA. Eagles Mere is the perfect mountain lake community in the state. You can rent a "cottage" or stay at an upscale hotel like the Crestmont Inn. Plenty of activities arranged by the community. Check out the "cottages" available for rent there. http://www.robinrealestate.com/listi...ivan/Rental_EM

Last edited by Wells5; 03-07-2012 at 11:47 AM..

Old 03-09-2012, 07:33 AM

1,234 posts, read 1,182,400 times
We used to camp at Worlds End State park every year and one of our trips was to Eagles Mere. I remember it being very lovely! If you are planning a more expensive vacation there is also Woodloch andi think someone mentioned Skytop. I have visited both but never stayed there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania