U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 03:05 PM

13,306 posts, read 13,268,373 times
Default Brodheadsville, Photo Tour #2

Another picture of the Brodheadsville Library
Homes of the Broadheadsville area...........

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/Sundayrain_2006/Brodheadsville036.jpg (broken link)

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/Sundayrain_2006/Brodheadsville039.jpg (broken link)

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/Sundayrain_2006/Brodheadsville038.jpg (broken link)

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/Sundayrain_2006/Brodheadsville044.jpg (broken link)
A view in the library, church area

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/Sundayrain_2006/Brodheadsville045.jpg (broken link)
One of the Churches

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/Sundayrain_2006/Brodheadsville027.jpg (broken link)
The High School and Intermediate area ( another area is south )

One of the village stores along way

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/Sundayrain_2006/Brodheadsville028.jpg (broken link)
Traveling along the way past the front of the High School

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/Sundayrain_2006/Brodheadsville041.jpg (broken link)
One place for kids to have a great time, but theres also dancing schools,
karate,and Imagination Zone for the kids........

And at the end of a day.......when the world gets peaceful........
We get to see scenes like this.

Last edited by Summering; 09-21-2007 at 04:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 03:15 PM

26,043 posts, read 45,031,453 times
Great job on the tours, Summering! I feel accomplished to have inspired you, Greentown, and DeLorean to have gone out and about to capture your own hometowns for the world to see through photography! Brodheadsville looks to still be a relatively-unspoiled part of Monroe County; let's hope it stays that way. Then again, considering the Pleasant Valley School District has a pretty good reputation, it's only a matter of time before more large-scale housing developments encroach upon its natural beauty.

Isn't the West End Fair held near here somewhere (Gilbert?)

Old 09-21-2007, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
Great job on the tours, Summering! I feel accomplished to have inspired you, Greentown, and DeLorean to have gone out and about to capture your own hometowns for the world to see through photography! Brodheadsville looks to still be a relatively-unspoiled part of Monroe County; let's hope it stays that way. Then again, considering the Pleasant Valley School District has a pretty good reputation, it's only a matter of time before more large-scale housing developments encroach upon its natural beauty.

Isn't the West End Fair held near here somewhere (Gilbert?)
Thank YOU SWB..........I have about 6 more good pix. But, I'm afraid I will loose the entire thread if I try to add them. Sometimes Photobucket and this page don't go side to side, as I need. So sometimes I am back in kindergarden trying to figure out why. One minute it's easy, and the next....LOLOL.One Victorian I have, is a must for you to see.
YES, the West End Fair is right down the end of town, off from the American Legion. It is host to many events lately. This weekend is some car event.
They just had a dog contest, there is old car events, motorcycle events...and yes even tractor type auctions. ( OH MY)
The West End Fair is 89 years old!!! It was more crowded then I had ever seen. People have to get there before 4PM so as not to be in traffic. I mean even the short-cut back road traffic.
I don't mind that I am in the country. It doesn't take me long to get to Easton, Phillipsburg, Stroudsburg, or Lehigh shopping.
Even the rooster in the morning makes me smile........and off in the distance the horse might be naying.....just coming over in a gentle breeze.
I really, really, do want a Walmart though........( one of the few who would even suggest that ) PS YES, it was from your great pictures I got inspired!!!

Old 09-21-2007, 09:55 PM

422 posts, read 1,461,047 times
YEAH!!! Well done!!!

Old 09-22-2007, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMe View Post
YEAH!!! Well done!!!
Thank you Miss Molly...........but, alas, I have a few more with a victorian for SWB, who loveeeees those. If I edit and add on, I know I will loose the entire thing...........do I dare, go to post an additional thread, I did TWO on brodheadsville already, and ............gosh, someone will post I overdid it

Old 09-22-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Thank you Miss Molly...........but, alas, I have a few more with a victorian for SWB, who loveeeees those. If I edit and add on, I know I will loose the entire thing...........do I dare, go to post an additional thread, I did TWO on brodheadsville already, and ............gosh, someone will post I overdid it
Ok well, finally the computer lined up with the sun I guess, I added pictures ...it is on the other Brodheadsville thread........that one is longer and I think more complete...........

Old 09-22-2007, 07:29 PM

223 posts, read 532,353 times
Wow, there is some fantastic photography I've been seeing on here, including yours! Your photos capture the quaint, calming landscape and community that appears to be so open and inviting. I'm putting this place on my day trip list. Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:58 AM

Gosh, JimmyL.......Thanks. Really, some I took while driving.........flying by things like the Brodheads sign. Plus,I have a small, very mobile camera.........not so grand at all.
You have made me smile calling those fantastic.
But, I wanted to capture the village, as the peaceful place it is. Not that I don't like big cities. I go into them quite often and adore them. Then...........
Home to this wonderful, peaceful, place..........where land is vast, and everything is calming. You can follow 209 and stop at Country Junction, which since it burned down is doing its best to hold business in huge tented areas. Quite interesting, although the store when rebuilt will be again, a fun shopping, different kind of experience. 209 will then lead you to Jim Thorpe, and it is just beautiful there. Those mountains are so sky high. Thanks Again............I appreciate that!

Old 09-25-2007, 11:13 AM

4,177 posts, read 6,908,417 times
I loved those photos. Everytime when we go to the camper, we used to go to country junction. However, in May we went and it was burned down. The info said it would be open again in October?? Dont know yet.

But the drive from Scotrun to Country Junction is really nice.
d

Old 09-25-2007, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
I loved those photos. Everytime when we go to the camper, we used to go to country junction. However, in May we went and it was burned down. The info said it would be open again in October?? Dont know yet.

But the drive from Scotrun to Country Junction is really nice.
d
I was there to the large tent this past weekend. They keep saying dates, but honestly. I see no progress on the building. Something is holding it up and I just dont' know what. It won't be there in Oct. Really, nothing is a go, right now. But, the tents are interesting and lots of pumpkins can be had, and many fun things.
We loved Country Junction.........I went the day after it burned. One man who was the first to call it in, talked with us. They went in the back door and grabbed out the computers. ......The animals that were in the front were so upset, they had to grab them and pull them away from the building, some were lost. Some other man said how he quickly hooked up his horse trailer as he could see from the mountain what was happening.......and he raced down to help get those animals. Poor creatures.. I never did hear if the burned ones made it. I know the local vets came to help those animals. Our vets here are totally involved .......Everything was gone nothing left, right down to the ground..........quite a sad scene. They will rise again, soon I hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania