Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 05:09 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBear107 View Post
Totally dig that--buuuutt, in my experience, I would rather be out in the country than onsite there--for all the reasons other people mentioned--except the traffic.You guys know that they put in an extra 2 lanes--1 in, one out--so it's two lanes both directions now--plus, when it's really busy they can turn it into three lanes one way or the other. Easy come and go.
You seem to forget that they CANNOT close any of it to a single direction below Glennmaura. They cannot shut down a housing developement, business parks, theaters, shopping malls and restaurants to accomodate the traffic. Even with the addition of one lane it will still be nuts. Moosic won't know what hit them...LOL If I was camping and staying I'm sure it would be fun...BUT in my experience it will be idiotic drunkfest of Scranton parade day proportions with the only good people coming from outside the area. You'll be trippin over mountains of empty natty ice, keystone light & miller light cans/bottles and watching trashy drunks from Scranton getting arrested. Might be worth going just to see that...Maybe a mountain bike ride up the backside to listen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 05:14 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,624,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
You seem to forget that they CANNOT close any of it to a single direction below Glennmaura. They cannot shut down a housing developement, business parks, theaters, shopping malls and restaurants to accomodate the traffic. Even with the addition of one lane it will still be nuts. Moosic won't know what hit them...LOL If I was camping and staying I'm sure it would be fun...BUT in my experience it will be idiotic drunkfest of Scranton parade day proportions with the only good people coming from outside the area. You'll be trippin over mountains of empty natty ice, keystone light & miller light cans/bottles and watching trashy drunks from Scranton getting arrested. Might be worth going just to see that...Maybe a mountain bike ride up the backside to listen.
Dunno about that Dan, This is going to draw a somewhat older crowd, I think it will be a great event..

Old 08-09-2012, 05:28 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,857 times
It probably will be great once your inside. I was wanting to take my son to see Zac Brown Band, but not up there. I would rather fly or drive somewhere south to see them.

The Allmans might draw an older crowd, but it will just be the older idiot drunks from town..lol

Just never liked the venue for sooo many reasons. Went to see shows, said I would never go back and did, but Im done at this point. Its still lackawanna county and the security are still idiots and local LEO's and sheriff's are still what they are.

They could just never really handle the place, crowds, etc. like they do at other venues.

Sorry, but you won't be seeing me there no matter how much I want to go.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:40 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,140,230 times
We had a blast .. It was a great time .. DEF going again next year,,,

Old 08-23-2012, 05:14 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
We had a blast .. It was a great time .. DEF going again next year,,,
Glad you had a good time, thanks for the update on how it was!

Old 02-22-2013, 04:17 AM

814 posts, read 2,043,645 times
Hey everybody tickets go on sale at 10am today for the 2nd annual peach music festival!!!!! I got some at the presale yesterday but you all need to get yours today gonna be a good time!!!! great line up so far it can only git better!!!!!!! Who else is going Montage Mountain Scranton,PA August 15th to 18th 2013

Old 02-23-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
It will be a nightmare of traffic, overbearing deputies, garbage and azzhats. I quit going up there for concerts, the last one was a giant clusterfvck and you can pretty much bank on this being a freaking nightmare. It's lackawanna county folks. Literally took me longer then the concert to get off the mountain...

Worst venue I have ever been to and between 150 Dead shows, countless Jerry Band shows, CSNY, Lalapalooza, OzFest and two summer tours with the Black Crows I have been to a lot of venues...That place SUCKS.

PS I really wanted to see The Zac Brown band... You never know if Buffet is going to drop in and he is usualky at his house on Long Island chasing striped bass this time of year, but I refuse to go up there.
I have been going up there since its inception, it did suck for a while, but my last 1/2 dozen times up there were no problem at all... enjoyable.. bring a grill and have a burger after tailgating till the traffic clears out!!

Old 02-23-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
Further is Playing Bethal Woods soon... Thats a good place to see a show .. Not as good as Penns peak , though
ohhhh thems fightin words!!!!!! Id take outdoors at bethel , its beautiful there, over an indoor concert any day of the week!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania