Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 06:38 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,093,594 times

Advertisements

Are there Trolls to be fed? I love feeding the Trolls.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh300/dbhubbard1/trolls.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-17-2008, 06:42 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,162 times
As "cute" as they might be, if you feed them they will grow bigger, stronger and meaner. Just like with Baobab trees, they need to be taken care of early on, if they grow they get really though and even semi resistant to the ban gun
Yac.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:18 AM

30 posts, read 106,401 times
Default Any recommendations on pediatricians in scranton?

Anyone have any good solid recommendations on good pediatricians in Scranton? It's hard to just choose one out of the blue. Also, any personal stories about the best hospital in Scranton? Our closing for the house is in 8 days-so far so good- we won't move until June- what temperature should i keep the thermostat on to prevent the pipes from freezing (silly question but i guess it's important)- anyone want to shovel my snow for a small fee while we stay in new york?? please dont go to my property and trip and fall, then sue me!!!! How often is garbage pick-up? when i went for the property inspection on january 3, it was sooooooooo cold-and the roof couldnt be inspected due to ICE! also my father in laws car wouldnt start after spending the night in the hotel so i had to call AAA. whats up with the trolls? is there something i am missing?

Old 01-17-2008, 09:01 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,963,904 times
Here is our pediatricians web site...we're very happy with the practice:

Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine

Its right on the Scranton-Dickson City line....just off of Main Avenue near Lowe's. (Main Ave/Dickson City exit of I-81).

Old 01-17-2008, 09:11 AM

Both hospitals in Scranton are good, CMC and Moses Taylor, although we were a little happier with the pediatric care at CMC.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:30 PM

Default thank you

thank you.....

Old 01-17-2008, 12:54 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,573,812 times
There's also Mercy Hospital in Scranton, which is supposed to be great for cardiac care. CMC is noted for its trauma center and neo-natal care. I don't know much about Moses-Taylor, as I haven't had any experiences with them (yet). My friend Jen was nearly killed in a car accident in Archbald back in I believe 2003 or 2004, and she was rushed to CMC. The care she received there seemed to be above-average in my eyes. I've personally had good experiences with Geisinger/Wyoming Valley, but that is down in the Wilkes-Barre area. When I was rear-ended getting off of I-81 in mid-2006, my mother drove me to the emergency room there because I couldn't move my neck from side to side after I drove home from the scene, and they were very courteous and professional, even though I was just diagnosed with muscle strain and not whiplash (drats! no lawsuit! LOL!)

I'd be more than happy to shovel your walks for you for free (I just love the exercise and do a few neighbors for free too), but that would be assuming I could make the 9-mile drive or so between my home in Pittston and your home in Scranton shortly after a snowfall in a small front-wheel drive sedan. My Contour can be a tank in the snow, but it would be no match for some of those steep hills in Scranton! You might be better off offering to pay MrKrabs, NYRangers2008, or someone else who lives in West Side and could potentially walk to your new home.

I've heard good reviews of the pediatric office that MrKrabs recommended. My own pediatrician growing up was Dr. Novinger of Geisinger/Wyoming Valley, but that was so many years ago I don't even know if he still practices. That hospital has grown so much.

A "troll" is a member who joins a forum just to get a few laughs out of irritating others with inciteful comments. I didn't diagnose PECKVILLE as being a "troll" initially, but I'll side with Yac and agree that he might have been one since he slammed the city without offering a reason why. I don't like living in Pittston, but at least I give my reasons why, and most people don't hassle me for them because they can see where I'm coming from. We'll have to see if PECKVILLE gives me a reply clarifying his (or her) position.

Best of luck! As I speak there are more white flakes falling outside, but I wouldn't worry about shoveling; they're only calling for an inch or two with a sloppy mixture of rain and sleet overnight.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:49 PM

Default peds in scranton

mr krabs is there one doctor you recommend in particular? my daughter was born with a rare spinal birth defect and had a couple of surgeries. She is doing much better but she seems to get very sick very fast. This past march she was in the hospital 5 weeks with severe pnemonia w plural effusions. So we need a good critical care doctor. Doctors is the one thing my wife is crazy about and she is nagging me like crazy(yes she knows i am writing this!!). Her speciality doctors will stay in manhatten (ashma and spinal doctors). There were four doctors listed which one do you like the best?

Old 01-18-2008, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGGO72 View Post
mr krabs is there one doctor you recommend in particular? my daughter was born with a rare spinal birth defect and had a couple of surgeries. She is doing much better but she seems to get very sick very fast. This past march she was in the hospital 5 weeks with severe pnemonia w plural effusions. So we need a good critical care doctor. Doctors is the one thing my wife is crazy about and she is nagging me like crazy(yes she knows i am writing this!!). Her speciality doctors will stay in manhatten (ashma and spinal doctors). There were four doctors listed which one do you like the best?
Our kids' primary doctor is Dr. McCoy, but at times when you need an appointment quickly, you may be scheduled to see a different doctor or even one of the CRNPs. I've been pleased with all of them so far, although we have not had to deal with the same types of health problems in our kids as you have. Although we do have a child with asthma, and deal with a pediatric pulmonologist out of Geisinger in Danville, who we are very pleased with.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:28 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,127,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGGO72 View Post
Anyone have any good solid recommendations on good pediatricians in Scranton? It's hard to just choose one out of the blue. Also, any personal stories about the best hospital in Scranton? Our closing for the house is in 8 days-so far so good- we won't move until June- what temperature should i keep the thermostat on to prevent the pipes from freezing (silly question but i guess it's important)- anyone want to shovel my snow for a small fee while we stay in new york?? please dont go to my property and trip and fall, then sue me!!!! How often is garbage pick-up? when i went for the property inspection on january 3, it was sooooooooo cold-and the roof couldnt be inspected due to ICE! also my father in laws car wouldnt start after spending the night in the hotel so i had to call AAA. whats up with the trolls? is there something i am missing?
congratulations fellow staten Islander, I also have a home out there but in clarks summit, in the winter months keep the thermostat at 50. Did you scope out the neighborhood and see any of the neighbors, the majority of the people are very friendly and would help you with the snow removal, my neighbors did mine when I wasn't here, I believe the garbage pickup is every thursday, if you need more info let us know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania