Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 07:19 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Puppet View Post
The Hazelton Pollacks and Guineas were all immigrants 100 years ago, just back then it was legal. They all came searching for a better living. I would gladly trade all the welfare abusing ghetto of Wilkes Barre for Hazeltons hispanics. I bet NYC's ratio of illegals is way higher than Hazelton.
Sorry, it was not "just" legal to up and come here (it maybe was back when the native Indians roamed and ruled this country, but doesn't THAT time go back way further then 100 years??? )
....All of those "Pollacks" and "Guineas" (as you call them) and plenty of others, went trough the process to BE here Legally.
Besides, this is now, and that was back then. Times changed things so drastically and much, that immigration is a huge issue now....and back then it wasn't.
I am still supporting our laws in place, and if illegals are allowed to remain here, breaking our laws just by being here....why have laws at all????
Hazleton is trying it's best to find the proper balance, and I think Lou Barletta is on the right track.
Somebody had to do SOMETHING!

Old 10-15-2007, 12:21 PM

1,032 posts, read 4,263,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
Why?

Old 10-17-2007, 08:04 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyLiz View Post
Why?
Because someone cares to enforce our laws.....Sorry, I don't see anything wrong with that at all.
Do you?

Old 10-17-2007, 01:32 PM

1,032 posts, read 4,263,111 times
Quote:
Because someone cares to enforce our laws.....Sorry, I don't see anything wrong with that at all.
Do you?
Having lived in Butler township for 3 years, I just never saw what the big bad illegals were doing that was so worthy of the mayor's proposed ordinance.

On this one though, I need to just agree to disagree...

Old 10-19-2007, 03:24 AM

5 posts, read 15,420 times
Quote:
Sorry, it was not "just" legal to up and come here (it maybe was back when the native Indians roamed and ruled this country, but doesn't THAT time go back way further then 100 years??? )
....All of those "Pollacks" and "Guineas" (as you call them) and plenty of others, went trough the process to BE here Legally.
Besides, this is now, and that was back then. Times changed things so drastically and much, that immigration is a huge issue now....and back then it wasn't.
I am still supporting our laws in place, and if illegals are allowed to remain here, breaking our laws just by being here....why have laws at all????
Hazleton is trying it's best to find the proper balance, and I think Lou Barletta is on the right track.
Without all the illegals patronizing the stores owned by the legals, they would all be out of business. Get rid of the illegals, board up the stores, section 8 the whole place and have ghetto city. Do you think the aging population of legal Hazelton residents are actually going to shop downtown??? The Loe Barletta stunt is all for publicity.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:21 AM

98 posts, read 378,367 times
being away i dont know any of the details about the Hazelton issue but i stand by my previous statements that loosing the illegals would be detrimenatal to teh overall economy (local and national) which is why the Feds dont address it. I do think there is a middle ground as has been suggested by teh Bush Administration. Something along the lines of grandfathering anyone that made it in by now and changing the laws moving forward. I do believe history did exactly that in the early twentieth century.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:04 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,964,461 times
This wouldn't be an issue if the feds just did their job and enforced immigration laws. But they don't because Bush and his big corporate cronies want to keep the illegal cheap labor pouring in. God forbid they pay legal residents a living wage. And the democrats are just as bad.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:42 PM

4 posts, read 23,055 times
Yes............the number of ILLEGALS in Hazleton HAS been dramatically reduced since the town decided they were sick of ILLEGALS and what they were doing to the town.

Everyone welcomes LEGAL immigrants......anyone who defends ILLEGALS needs to get their heads out of their butts and find out whats gong on all over the country.

Try alipac.us for starters.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:51 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times
If you want to continue this discussion, do it in the immigration sub forum
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania