Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 06:19 PM

102 posts, read 325,840 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are thinking about purchasing a home (new construction already built) in the Masthope Mountain Community in Lackawaxen (or "lack of action" as we hear some of the locals call it). Does anyone have any info. they could share? The school district is Wallenpaupack so we are happy about that. The association dues are high but we have 4 kids who would love all the year round amentities Masthope has to offer.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 07:33 PM

880 posts, read 2,024,212 times
masthpoe has a problem nepotism. go to their website you will see maint.dept everyone has the same last name.do you really think anyone would be fired for not working.ask the wannabes who run the place.they hire the most incompetent people to run the food business.I ate there once took one bite spit out the food.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:28 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,549,693 times
I recently saw something about Masthope regarding the clubhouse, I believe in the Pike County Dispatch but I have not seen anything lately. Maybe someone that lives there can shed some light. I heard from SgtGeorge recently that his parents live there and love it.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:37 PM

2 posts, read 16,272 times
Default Mast Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsMom View Post
Hi,

We are thinking about purchasing a home (new construction already built) in the Masthope Mountain Community in Lackawaxen (or "lack of action" as we hear some of the locals call it). Does anyone have any info. they could share? The school district is Wallenpaupack so we are happy about that. The association dues are high but we have 4 kids who would love all the year round amentities Masthope has to offer.

Thanks in advance!
Hi
I was hoping you could give me some insite to what you found about moving to Mast Hope, I am also thinking about buying new construction and moving to this community with my family. I have been there many of times and love it.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:36 PM

307 posts, read 768,213 times
My Daughter works at ski big bear. My sister in law used to work in the office. It used to be not a great neighborhood, but it is better now. I know lots of people who live there and love it. Most of the roads have to be kept up really well in the winter because of the ski lodge. If you like skiing you will be all set. And I don't know many communities that have horseback riding. Their isn't much in the way of stores, but Hawley and Honesdale are close enough. Woodloch is nearby too and you could join the gym there, which is really nice. The people in the area are fairly friendly. I come from Rowland, now I am in Greentown. I think its a nice community.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:54 AM

102 posts, read 325,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girls View Post
Hi
I was hoping you could give me some insite to what you found about moving to Mast Hope, I am also thinking about buying new construction and moving to this community with my family. I have been there many of times and love it.
Well since you have been here many times you already know about all the great amentities that Masthope has. We love it here. The kids have many friends now. In fact, they all just left my house from a sleepover to go snowboarding for the day. My 2 older girls love their school (Wallenpaupack). There are 2 buses that come to Masthope to pick up the kids for school so there are quite a few full time families here.

As far as buying new construction there are some builders up here with a good reputation. Let me know who you are planning to use and hopefully I can give you some info. on their reputation up here. There are alot of new construction houses that are already built and for sale. We had some Joe Blow who built our house. It was a modular and is a very nice home. We had many issues with him not following the proper procedures for building homes according to the Masthope guidelines. We also had a ton of help from the Code Enforcement person here at Masthope to make sure the builder finished his job properly and on his dime, not ours.

My biggest complaint is the mall is about 1 hour away. I don't mind the 1/2 drive to Hawley/Honesdale for shopping but I do miss my frequent trips to the mall.

If you want to know anything more specific please ask. Good luck!

Old 01-10-2009, 06:04 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,007,134 times
I just got back from doing an open house in Masthope. The road crew guys were out plowing and cindering. I think the community is well maintained.

My overall impression of Masthope is that it's got a lot to offer - yes, the dues are high but if you have people who love to ski, your paid dues cover your lift tickets; you would only need to pay for rentals if you don't have your own skis...

There is horseback riding, cross country skiing, and you are allowed to ride ATV's there. The only thing the community lacks, in my personal opinion, is an indoor pool. The lake is a little on the small side but you can still use it for fishing and water skiing. I would love to live there, actually. My husband just doesn't care for developments.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:52 AM

2 posts, read 16,272 times
Thanks for the info, I am glad you like the schools that is my main concearn is that the schools are just OK. I am also happy to hear that there are many familys there full time as far as the mall, I guess I would have to deal! But if you any more insite on the schools i'd love to hear.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:04 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,007,134 times
When it comes to the schools, you will get a bunch of opinions based on their own personal experiences, which may not be your personal experience. My girlfriend is never satisfied with the school, saying that it doesn't challenge her extremely gifted son enough. My kids complain that they get too much homework. LOL. Wallenpaupack has an excellent reputation - but then again, you never really hear much about anything negative about Wallenpaupack. EVERY school is going to have problems. Every school is going to have bad teachers, great teachers, mediocre teachers. I think Wallenpaupack's fine arts program is really good.

I'm a graduate of Wallenpaupack and though I'd never go back to school if I had the chance, I also have no qualms about sending my own kids there (I did homeschool them during their early years though because I wanted to. That wore off pretty fast and off to school they went. LOL)

Old 03-07-2009, 06:54 AM

1 posts, read 11,584 times
We are considering building a vacation home in Masthope. Have you heard anything about Bart Wenrich and Brookewood Homes. He used to be partners with Grace Anderson
Any info would be appreciated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania