Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 03:18 PM

30,488 posts, read 16,202,768 times

Advertisements

fall for me too but winter has a certain pristine quiet about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 06:06 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,095,115 times
Fall for me because I get to shoot lots of ducks and geese...

Old 07-28-2012, 11:38 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,658,548 times
My favorite Season to visit would be Christmas time so I guess winter. Which is a surprise for me to say. I really hate the cold, but I do love snow.
I like the spirit in the air at Christmas time. Shopping for a tree with sprinkles of snow around and the lighting in all the towns and cities.
The mountains are gorgeous with snow.

There is a bit of toss up because Summer has always been my favorite. I like to go out in the boat to swim in the coves.
Being outdoors all day long. The breezes in the air and cool nights for sleeping. Flowers, and trees in bloom.

Ahhh, how does one choose?

Old 07-28-2012, 12:51 PM

Don't know how far you live from Wellsboro but from what you said, you'd love Dickens of a Christmas. The 1st wkend in Dec, I think but if you're interested, google it. Everyone dresses up in period costume; carolers walking along the streets; a horse and wagon to drive you around the block.

expensive but well worth it apple dumplings. all kinds of venders and sidewalk sales.

how to choose? don't. just enjoy and anticipate.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:36 AM

24,097 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
Don't know how far you live from Wellsboro but from what you said, you'd love Dickens of a Christmas. The 1st wkend in Dec, I think but if you're interested, google it. Everyone dresses up in period costume; carolers walking along the streets; a horse and wagon to drive you around the block.

expensive but well worth it apple dumplings. all kinds of venders and sidewalk sales.

how to choose? don't. just enjoy and anticipate.
I'd love that too! Where is Wellsboro? I love all things Dickens, Victorian and Christmas!

Old 08-01-2012, 02:16 PM

county seat of Tioga county.

I guess the location is most easily described as 25 +/- south of Corning, NY and about 50 miles of so north of Williamsport.

The Wellsboro Area Chamber of Commerce : Dickens of a Christmas Celebration

hope that works. If not, just google dickens of a Christmas wellsboro pa.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:34 PM

1,294 posts, read 3,253,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
We boast of four beautiful seasons here, but if I had to select one as my favorite, I would choose Autumn.
The weather is crisp and not oppressive, yet mild enough for out door activities. The foliage is beautiful and the area continues to be filled with fairs of every variety.

I love Halloween and Thanksgiving and my b'day is in October so that might add to it but yes, as for me the Fall is the best. How about you?
I feel exactly the same and for all the exact reasons. Although as a kid I never realized how cool the fall foliage colors were. I just thought it was like that every where. I was pretty shocked when I got older and realized ppl from FL and other places actually vacationed in PA just to see the colors. Weird.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
fall for me too but winter has a certain pristine quiet about it.
I know what you mean. I love awakening on a late November - early December morning to see a light dusting of snow. We never had that back on LI NY.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:32 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
I love fall and spring. I can't choose between the two to make a definitive answer. I love the beauty of both seasons. I enjoy the changes that occur in nature during both seasons. My very least favorite season would be winter. While I definitely love the quiet, pristine beauty of an untouched snowfall, I absolutely hate the short days. I swear every year it gets worse for me. I get very sad during the winter time when the sun starts falling before dinner even begins.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp2007 View Post
I feel exactly the same and for all the exact reasons. Although as a kid I never realized how cool the fall foliage colors were. I just thought it was like that every where. I was pretty shocked when I got older and realized ppl from FL and other places actually vacationed in PA just to see the colors. Weird.
Libra here but lots of Scorpio in my chart. PA is a very "Halloweenish" place. Steeped in history and hauntings!

Two of the things I love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania