Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2012, 09:57 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
.....Unfortunately in Sheena's case she wasn't aware of the neighbors who would move in.
It's the luck of the draw. I've seen that sort of situation where a thug will move into a relatively decent place, get all the porch primates on his side, and become a danger - though mostly I've seen a threatening attitude rather than outright violence.

And as I mentioned earlier, don't underestimate the corrupting influence of drug money on police. Yes, it really happens, quite a lot in my experience.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:01 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,101,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
It's the luck of the draw. I've seen that sort of situation where a thug will move into a relatively decent place, get all the porch primates on his side, and become a danger - though mostly I've seen a threatening attitude rather than outright violence.

And as I mentioned earlier, don't underestimate the corrupting influence of drug money on police. Yes, it really happens, quite a lot in my experience.
I do wish she'd had more support from her neighbors though. But that's another issue entirely that's been discussed on the NEPA forum since its inception.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:04 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
FIGHT...

Additionally, you don't seem too clear on what constitutes "assault." You would do well to go away until you learn the basic definitions of "fight" and "assault," then learn the difference between the two. Then maybe you can have an intelligent conversation on the issue -- provided you're actually interested in doing so. (The more you post, the more I have my doubts.)
I think you're right. No one wants to be assaulted and battered by some animal just for verbally expressing outrage that a tree in front of one's property is being slashed by a machete! I suppose the cops should have been called right then though, as far as I know it's illegal to go around chopping city property with a machete. At least I hope it is.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:59 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,452,072 times
I've been following this thread since it's inception without opening my big yap. (hard to believe, huh??)

Judge Judy is my idol, since she has common sense & uses it. Her philosophy.....

As in everything:

There is side "A".

There is side "B"

Somewhere in the middle lies the truth.

What happened is horrible, & the ensueing crap due to it is sad. But we should always remember, every door that closes is a new one opening...

(and if the other door doesn't open, try the window!!)

Old 09-07-2012, 08:15 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Yes that happened and no we are not involved with any of our neighbors in the huge multi family that we were told was being "renovated" before we agreed to buy this house.

These people are NOT FROM NY BTW. They are from Philadelphia - the black and Hispanic men, and local - the white woman.

they destroy things and party constantly. We have had it. They get to look at a well kept home with a lush garden and a rocking chair porch. We get to look at a bunch of people using fowl language, barbequeing on their tiny front porch, and never working.

They come by to borrow money, eggs, butter, milk, cereal, ketchup, oil - car and cooking - soap. and our washing machine. We said yes occasionally in the beginning, not to the washing machine.

(not to the washing machine, we were never that dumb) But we were pretty dumb.
We though neighborly.

What do we know? We're from NY.

No we are not moving - from the Valley. But maybe. We are not ruling it out.

And back to the OP ^^^

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:30 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
The part of the equation your missing is the part where the alleged victim started the fight by shooting his mouth off.
I don't think telling someone to stop destroying your property can be considered "shooting your mouth off." Should we just sit back and let the thugs run rampant just so we don't provoke them?

Old 09-07-2012, 08:56 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,094,204 times
If the tree was in front of their home on the street then it wasn't their property it was city property and secondly yes you should keep your mouth shut and not provoke the thugs if you are not ready for the consequences of your actions, i.e a punch in the face.

Trust me I'm the first one to say something to someone in my neighborhood that doesn't belong there or is doing something that seems like its not on the up and up. I have walked up to more then a few cars doing drug deals at the end of the street and chased them out of here, BUT I fully understand what could happen and generally I'm prepared to deal with it.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:12 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,137,741 times
Imagine if that tree fell into the house .. There would be a 200 page thread pointing fingers on who's tree it is and who should pay ...

Old 09-07-2012, 10:16 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,230 times
i for one am wondering why no further updates???

Old 09-07-2012, 01:37 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,101,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
i for one am wondering why no further updates???
Sheena PMed me. They are still looking around for a place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania