Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 06:49 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times

Advertisements

A Wilkes-Barre P.O came by photographs = a line up of 8 individuals and he was able to ID the guy right away!

Next step formal charges will be filed and there will be a court date!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 07:39 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,139,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
A Wilkes-Barre P.O came by photographs = a line up of 8 individuals and he was able to ID the guy right away!

Next step formal charges will be filed and there will be a court date!
Good for you .. Once the charges are filed and served Be real careful... Look out for the childish game of revenge ...

Old 08-31-2012, 08:21 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,897,919 times
Very glad to hear! Thanks for the update. I'm sure you will continue to look to move? I sure hope you do since they will be upset more then they already were. This is the right course of action though and I'm really glad the Police are trying to do their jobs. Please be careful these coming days.

Old 09-01-2012, 04:01 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,101,998 times
Awesome news! Maybe you will get some results.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:00 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,096,437 times
Well that's good, I guess.

I thought that they were already charged with Simple Assault? Which is a "formal charge".

POST#265
Quote:
Both were charged with "simple assault". A misdemeanor offense. We are going to the Magistrate on Monday - tomorrow. We also need redress for the damage dome to our mini van. It was in perfect condition before this and now it damaged and battered.
They park outside of our house, and hang out there now. They talk loudly about the assault.

It's what they are most proud of. Go figure.
I was also under the impression that they were issued Summary Notice to Appear and charged with Simple Assault as a Summary offense? Told to us by yourself, again a formal charge.

POST #224
Quote:
That is exactly right. We would love to stay here - NOT on this block - but we are frightened to live in a city that says that no arrest can be made "unless a POLICE OFFICER SEES THE ASSAULT"!!!!

They have both been issued tickets. Tickets? This is not a parking violation!

I have NEVER heard of such a thing!
If they were ALREADY charged then why is there a need for a photo line-up?

We were told by you that there was a court date in front of the Magistrate two weeks ago on a Monday? Again you posted that info.

No offense, but these are again the inconsistencies that I have been referring to.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:48 AM

2,744 posts, read 4,233,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Well that's good, I guess.

I thought that they were already charged with Simple Assault? Which is a "formal charge".

POST#265

I was also under the impression that they were issued Summary Notice to Appear and charged with Simple Assault as a Summary offense? Told to us by yourself, again a formal charge.

POST #224

If they were ALREADY charged then why is there a need for a photo line-up?

We were told by you that there was a court date in front of the Magistrate two weeks ago on a Monday? Again you posted that info.

No offense, but these are again the inconsistencies that I have been referring to.

At no time did I say that there was a court date in front of a Magistrate. I will state it one more time.
Since the police did not see the attack, they have to identify the perp., which they did. The next step would be to show me a line-up on paper to identify him, which I did the other day, and the next step would be to charge him with simple assault. This is all the info. which I received from the police. They said that they would keep in touch with me and then there will be a court date. I was told that they could not charge him until I identify him in the line-up. All of this info is from the police. This is only the first assault. The police said that the charge will be a simple assault. Which is a misdemeanor.
We are not familiar with Pa. law.

My wife was very upset and said we were going to the Magistrate, but there was never any formal charging when she said that. We were just going to go to the Magistrate to see what we could do, but we did not go. We decided to let the wheels of justice do it's job

Old 09-01-2012, 02:34 PM

452 posts, read 681,878 times
Warren, hope you are on the mend. I was wondering if charges are filed, are you then able to get a restraining order or some sort of PFA against those scum. If it includes verbal assaults, they can be arrested again if they try to intimidate you or your family while doing normal day to day living. A simple recording of them yelling at you could be enough. Good Luck.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:49 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Trips View Post
Warren, hope you are on the mend. I was wondering if charges are filed, are you then able to get a restraining order or some sort of PFA against those scum. If it includes verbal assaults, they can be arrested again if they try to intimidate you or your family while doing normal day to day living. A simple recording of them yelling at you could be enough. Good Luck.
I am not attempting to speak for Warren, but to the best of my knoweldge you can not get a PFA in PA against someone unless: you are a family member or were in a prior intimiate relationship. Which in my humble opionion is BAT SH@%E CRAZY! You can charge them with harrassment, which involves going to the magistrate after the fact. It appears that in this regard PA with laws they are reactionary rather than prevenative. PA does not have restraining orders. PFA's seem specifically designed for domestic violence/abuse situations, at least based upon my knoweldge and reading on the subject.

I think they are just attempting to ignore the boneheads and not have the situation esclate, which I imagine charging them with harrassment may do.

Last edited by bloominscranton; 09-01-2012 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: additional thought

Old 09-01-2012, 03:15 PM

452 posts, read 681,878 times
Well said Bloom. The other side of the coin is these scum generally take the "Thats all you got???" mentality and I was hoping to find a way to keep the peace until they leave.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:17 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,233,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Trips View Post

Just as Bloominscranton says, we were told by the police that you cannot get a restraining order unless they are members of your family. What were are doing at this time are totally ignoring them and bidding our time, waiting to move and/or the court date. Warren
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania