Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 04:38 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times

Advertisements

Here Riverside,

If you want to see a wild thing! This old buck was outside our house about seven years ago.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 05:10 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,139,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Here Riverside,

If you want to see a wild thing! This old buck was outside our house about seven years ago.

Looks kinda haggard .... I bet a bullet took that leg off ..

I'm heading up to Truckers house in a little bit ...Going to help him out with his window problems .. I hope to beat the rain.. I really dont want to be up on a ladder in a downpour ...

Last edited by Riverside4ever; 09-08-2012 at 05:36 AM..

Old 09-08-2012, 02:05 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,938,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
Sad that the people who really need the help are sometimes denied but yet these low-life's apply and get accepted immediately and are even provided section 8 housing!!
People in my immediate area who actually need help never can seem to get it, yet while up in the Poconos I see what you guys describe time and time again. Read the Poconos Craigslist and there are constantly "seeking housing" posts from people who have vouchers for like $1200/month and they post that they have "lifetime vouchers" - how in the world do you get that?! (I don't want it...just curious, when the folks 2 streets back from me are sharing houses, stripping copper wire in the driveway, collecting junk to salvage, and working odd jobs all to make ends meet...)

Old 09-08-2012, 03:11 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,372 times
Okayyyyyyyy so back to wild things in NEPA anyone?

Old 09-08-2012, 03:26 PM

I wonder if Riverside got the windows installed before the rain? Hopefully they did not have anymore Chevy Caprices parked along side of Trucker's house!

Years ago we had a naked man running south on Route 611 (about where Target is now located in Stroud Township). I think that something like eleven police cars responded. The only other time I remember a response like that was when somebody hit a horse.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:25 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,139,671 times
Quote:
I wonder if Riverside got the windows installed before the rain? Hopefully they did not have anymore Chevy Caprices parked along side of Trucker's house!

Years ago we had a naked man running south on Route 611 (about where Target is now located in Stroud Township). I think that something like eleven police cars responded. The only other time I remember a response like that was when somebody hit a horse.

I went to truckers but I could not help him... There was nothing I could have done to fix the windows ,,, They are not good quality and are what they are . I blame the guy who sold them to him..

Old 09-08-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:

tried to rep you but it won't let me. I guess I live a sheltered life here, because I have nothing wild to post about...

Old 09-08-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
tried to rep you but it won't let me. I guess I live a sheltered life here, because I have nothing wild to post about...
By the way I have a story that goes with that picture of the three legged buck. I had a dominant very large doe that declared my back yard as hers. She chased off other doe and any buck that got too close. She did have a following of healthy buck that wanted to mate with her – but she did not want any part of them.

So who shows up but that old three legged buck. It is amazing that he ever survived his injuries. He had to have lost massive amounts of blood from the one leg severed and the other leg deeply cut. It could have been a car accident or gunshot? He had recovered from the initial wounds and survived for some time. His rear hoofs were worn down and his back was arched because he almost walked on two legs. He used his scared good front leg for balance. His horns were irregular because of the stress of the traumatic injuries that he suffered.

He chased away the rest of my doe's suitors and then mated with her. He then went his own way never to be seen again. I use him to demonstrate the will to live and overcome all obstacles – without human intervention.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:46 PM

thank you so much for the picture and additional info, amazing story about an amazing animal!

Old 09-08-2012, 06:19 PM

109 posts, read 162,952 times
Great story fisheye! thanks for sharing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania